Are you in?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon man. No real rules 'cept for tire width, the "skinny"class is wide open. It's time for an exagerated WHATEVER you want, I'm doing a cartoon TT bike. Think I'll ever race a time trial? No so I'm going out there on it. I think it's the best class this year and a TT build lets me do a paint scheme comparable to a muscle bike on an adult sized frame without compromising on saddle and bars. Build one...build one... build one ...

I'm in for my first BO, Skinny Tire. 1918 Rollfast I picked up this summer. Been gathering original parts and two parts bikes for a 700c shimano 3 speed coaster brake wheel set. Needs major steer tube repair work but I have a plan.
20220525_210931.jpg

How many entries are allowed. i Seem to have missed that in the rules.
* Multiple entries per class from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads as well as their own finished threads and be entered for voting separately

OK so I am in skinny tire with this. DB high speed race bike frame.
212487-DSC02729.JPG

what they look like mounted (barrowed picture) . should be skinny enough to be qualified for build of class.
IMG_2691.JPG_blowup.jpg

but do I go with Shimano 600 shifters and Shimano 105 thirty-six hole hubs. so my legs have options. when sore during a ride , chugging up a hill , riding in on coming wind.. or do I say bleep gears add a single speed 12 or 13 fix gear sprocket on full leg blowing fix gear hub. mate that to a 52 or 56 tooth single front gear sprocket?

Last edited:
Fear prevents people from trying all kinds of fun things. I lack the common sense required to cause the fear. I remember flying over the bars trying to land a 3 or 4 foot drop onto a flight of stairs. As I attempted to run it out with a bike between my legs, I remember thinking about safety for a second. I have plenty of scars, very few regrets.

Fear prevents people from trying all kinds of fun things. I lack the common sense required to cause the fear. I remember flying over the bars trying to land a 3 or 4 foot drop onto a flight of stairs. As I attempted to run it out with a bike between my legs, I remember thinking about safety for a second. I have plenty of scars, very few regrets.
He really does

As I attempted to run it out with a bike between my legs, I remember thinking about safety for a second
Been there, done that. I was fearless in my younger riding years. I've had to learn to try not to crash too much because things break when I do now. I don't bounce as well as I used to. 🤣

Matti, if you wanna call me a big chicken just say it plainly, son.

Now, I have been in at least 20 motorcycle accidents in 50+ years.

So what does that prove?

It’s possible it all only proves that brain damage is cumulative. (I ain’t claiming I don’t have any…)

Also, if you have no regrets in life you learned very little, or did everything right.

For instance, I regret not studying COBOL in 1995 because I could’ve made a lot of spare cash on the side at Y2K.

I regret doing that wheelie in 1969 that broke my friend’s tail light.

I regret hanging a target on the clothes pole, when I was 9, and shooting the neighbor’s house when I missed the bullseye.

I regret leaning my Raleigh bicycle against the garbage can when I was 7, as some garbage man came along and picked it up and crushed it.

I could go on for hours. I have lots of regrets because I’ve done lots of things wrong.

Matti, if you wanna call me a big chicken just say it plainly, son.
I wasn't calling anyone names, if you look closely, the comment regarding "lacking common sense" was directed at myself. I was using an example from my bicycling life to show examples of how I felt afterwards to entice nervous builders into jumping in. I'll be in the deep end. Might be in over my head, we'll figure it out

Been there, done that. I was fearless in my younger riding years. I've had to learn to try not to crash too much because things break when I do now. I don't bounce as well as I used to. 🤣
ya sucks getting older. we don't heal up as fast as we did in HS! but age is just a number. if I can throw a leg over a bike still. I will. if I can hold a wrench still. then I will dig in the spare parts pile or look on trash day. find a bike to rebuild. don't have room to park another bike. build it to sale or give away to a needy person. no reason not to join in on the build off!:p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back