Are you in?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I guess it isn't possible beat an official record in a race that hasn't been held for nearly 40 years, even if you are quicker. The guy the wrote that article doesn't believe those guys went that fast back in the day.

"After the 1984 race, Marin County land and water managers made it clear that Repack, the race, could be no more. There was little resistance; the race’s time had come and gone."

But then I'm a Luddite so I'm always going to go with the souped up Model A V8
View attachment 216676
over a current gen sports whatchacallit
View attachment 216677
every day of the week! (what are we talking here, 110 mph

But then I'm a Luddite so I'm always going to go with the souped up Model A V8
View attachment 216676
over a current gen sports whatchacallit
View attachment 216677
every day of the week! (what are we talking here, 110 mph vs. 250?)
This is where "I can't believe how fast I'm going!" has two different meanings.
Definitely would rather be the V8.

That settles it. I need a frame jig and some more skills. Anyone know how to build a cheap frame jig?

Great stuff, thanks for posting that Matti!!
I picked up a bunch of scrap steel somebody threw out on our street and built something.

But I see lots of videos of guys that did it with aluminum window extrusions and MDF board.

I picked up a bunch of scrap steel somebody threw out on our street and built something.

But I see lots of videos of guys that did it with aluminum window extrusions and MDF board.
I can come up with scrap metal. I'll search around for designs that others have done and see what I can come up with.

3 done :D one more to finish re building.
DSC02828.JPG
DSC02829.JPG
DSC02830.JPG

I know we have several builders that are either in the process of or still considering changing classes. If you need your build moved and also subsequently your thread cleaned up because of the move feel free to reach out to one of the mods and we can get you taken care of. Make sure you're building in the appropriate category to clear up any confusion later on
👆

this might be out :cry:
now the bad news this Blue Blur may not be finished in time . all parts I thought were here. except cables. but guy at local bike shop. said he could sell me derailleur cables. but because my frame. lacks shifter cable stops? he thinks my thumb shifter levers will not work.
DSC02842.JPG

View attachment 217401
DSC02848.JPG

but I just looked at all 3 my Road bikes I still have working. none have the cable stop he claims I need. so what am I not getting??

he said if I get bar end shifters it might be doable. but he would have to order them for 160.00 or I can find a set IE like these.
DSC02847.JPG

View attachment 217402

so now stuck on what to do? IE what to believe is the way to go. but at least 3 out off 4 builds done not to bad.

this might be out :cry:
now the bad news this Blue Blur may not be finished in time . all parts I thought were here. except cables. but guy at local bike shop. said he could sell me derailleur cables. but because my frame. lacks shifter cable stops? he thinks my thumb shifter levers will not work.
View attachment 217406
View attachment 217401
View attachment 217407
but I just looked at all 3 my Road bikes I still have working. none have the cable stop he claims I need. so what am I not getting??

he said if I get bar end shifters it might be doable. but he would have to order them for 160.00 or I can find a set IE like these.
View attachment 217408
View attachment 217402

so now stuck on what to do? IE what to believe is the way to go. but at least 3 out off 4 builds done not to bad.
You still have 2 months left

something odd yet cool I found on line for inspiration.
IMG_20221120_090553_blowup.jpg
IMG_20221120_090753_blowup.jpg
The maexx was my first project to get familiar with MIG/TIG welding. The purpose was to collect experience with tube notching, grinding, measuring and of course welding. I'm not a professional welder nor a metal guy at all. but I said screw it go for it.
IMG_20221120_090818_blowup.jpg

OK got off my but. went photo shoot scouting. since this is a commuter bike interred in skinny tire class it made scents to shoot photos around my city. just like it would be silly not to take photos of a off road build. shot off the paved city roads.

any who not sure I am felling these or need new location.
DSC02857.JPG
dsc02859-jpg.217652
DSC02860.JPG
DSC02862.JPG

those 2 classes are not up for debate to me. off road builds need to be photographed . in some type of off road environment. but muscle bike class is wide open. what's all your thoughts on were to shot pictures,.

Attachments

• DSC02859.JPG
    DSC02859.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 234

Latest posts

Back