ARGH !!!! My Camera has issues...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am about to throw my samsung camera out to the street,,,,, It shoots video ok but I can't take a picture without whiting out everything, no matter what setting I put it on. Any camera guru's can give me some things to try, any ideas ? Meanwhile the photo's I can't show you include in the fresh find department 1. Jesse James Chopper for $10 2. Nothing special Murray 24" mt bike for $4 but its clean and ready to flip 3. unknown three wheeler for $15. And in the how to section I just built a basket mount for a rear suspension mt bike, hopefully get my camera issues fixed soon.

Without knowing what the camera has been through, you might try using a different memory card or you may do something simple like remove battery and memory card and reinstall them. You also need to check you lens to make sure it's clean.

If you get good exposures with video mode, and over-exposures on all the still settings (as you report),
I think you have a camera that is failing.

Best bet, IMHO is to go shopping for a new camera.

digital cameras --- part of the new "throw away" product reality.

Now, if you spent more than $500 initial purchase cost and it is less than 10 yrs. old, contacting the manufacturer for a repair estimate is a good idea.

I will add, that many of the digital cameras of the last 10 years or so had circuit boards manufactured by Sony Corp. Nikon and many others used their internal electronics. Sony had a problem that only surfaced after about 5-6 years of normal usage and resulted in some of the symptoms that you describe. To Sony's great credit, they stepped up to the plate and repaired millions of cameras that have their internals in them. I don't know if their repair program is still in effect, in fact I doubt that is is after this time.

Again, contact the manufacturer of your camera, and be prepared to buy a new one.

J.

Latest posts

Back