Austin TX, who all is in or around Austin TX?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so yesterday my worst fears were realized. My business partner decided he was tired of working a regular day job and has decided now not to try something new with me and my company. He is closing the doors of his shop where I was to expand my business. The whole reason I moved to Orange County in the first place, 4 months ago, was to work with this guy and to launch a join venture business benefiting both our companies. Before I decided to move here from Denver CO, a plan to move to Austin TX was already in the works.

I grew up in Houston and all my immediate family still live in the Houston area. As my brothers young kids get older I'd like to spend time with them as they grow. I'd like to build my 3 year old nephew a cool 20 stretch low-rider with wide tires and wheels so he can roll like the big boys on his first big bike.

Anyway I'm planning to be out of So-Cal by the end of September and first get things set up in Houston before finding a place in Austin. My family has a house in Houston and a vacation home down on the coast near Port O'Conner so I'm not sure where I'll end up exactly for the immediate future. My father has a fully setup fab shop at our bay home in a 4000 Sq. Ft. building and he has all but given me full reign of the facilities if I want to set up shop there. I may utilize the space to build a first run of bikes to generate some income and get some debt paid off then look to buy a place near Downtown Austin.

How many guys are in central Texas? I know Steve is from the DFW area, but who else is kicking it Texas style? Let me know. Talk to yal real soon, ya hear!

Later Travis AKA "Tex"

Back