Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I've just seen the movie Avatar at an IMAX theater in 3D :shock: ! Is this the wave of the future for film-making? Go see this movie! Even in 2D...The cinematography is stunning!!

Deep snow has held us up from going to our new IMAX cinema to see Avatar since christmas! But today was the day ....we got there at 1 this afternoon to find the whole day is booked solid!!! We are going to book ourselves in for friday night weather permitting! Cant wait... :D Thanks for your reviews!!!

The nearest IMAX cinema to us was over 150 miles away till this one [40miles away] opened in december....we have never been to one before so this is double the excitment! So sad to have to go home without seeing it :cry:

I'd like to see the movie just for the visual quality and special effects.

The question is whether I can swallow three hours of James Cameron's environmental messaging.

i really enjoyed the movie! saw it in 3D too 8)
i think this will be standard for movies in the future, no doubt.

VULTURE PREDICTION----------------------

within 10 to 15 years people will have their own "movie glasses" for films like this
when you go out to the movies with family or friends, you'll grab your "glasses" off the dresser or out of the glove-box
i also think companies like Oakley, Arnett, BlackFlys, B&L, and Spy (just examples) will tap into this market
it's all pretty exciting for me!

go and see it in 3D, you're sure to enjoy it! (my wife hates SciFi and still loved it)
watch the movie, and don't get wrapped up in the underlying themes that everyone talks about....... it's a MOVIE, have fun :wink:

I think what I hate about the "underlying themes" is that with this movie, it isn't a case of movie goers speculating on what was meant....it's a case of the director coming out in several interviews solidly confirming his agenda.

I really wish directors and musicians would just leave their politics out of their work...or at the very least,...leave it up to the audience to decide. :wink:

There was nothing "underlying" in this film's message...It was right up there in your face! (pun intended :lol: ) But I knew that going in...I also found it interesting that James Cameron caught, not a little flack for percieved stereotyping of native peoples. I'm no tree hugger, but it does make me sad to see our environment treated with such carelessness. It is the only one we've got, after all...And I'm in no hurry to re-locate to Mars! :mrgreen:

I saw this post and thought I would comment.

The visual was amazing.. I give it a shiny 10.
The politically charged, predictable, I hate the NRA and I hate the military script was over the top. I gave it a dull 2, because I liked it when that one dude walked outside without his mask off to shoot at the "good guys"! lol you dont want to tick that guy off.

Im saving my money for the re-release of the 3D version of Lord of The Rings.

:shock: :D :shock: Just got in from the new Imax cinema..finaly we got to see it...What a film! Absolutly Spectacular and aint Imax brill!
To add what Vulture said about the specs earlier we where all warned with pain of death at the pre movie speech if any of us took off with the specs 8) :D .....apparently there is an international shortage!
Only going to see movies at Imax from now on, next one is Alice In Wonderland in march! We are going down to London for a few days at the end of Feb to watch the stars go in to the premier of that one! We big Tim Burton fans 8)

bikeriderx said:
Boris said:
We big Tim Burton fans 8)
Cool!! Have you seen Coraline?

Your refering to the Henry Selick connection, To right we did! It was great, we got it on 3d dvd as well......what a great story and fantastic to think its 'stop start' animation and not computer generated!

Ace said:
If you like animated weirdness: I'm waiting for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, am a big Terry Gilliam fan 8)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606

Trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jU3AimFaz0

:shock: :shock: To my shame :oops: :oops: Terry Gilliam was 'just' the the guy that did the crazy animation on Monty Python to me ! ............ACE, we have just spent the last half hour reading through all his work on the net ...How could we have missed all this stuff!...apart from Time bandits big fav of ours! We just placed an advanced order for the dvd of ''The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus'' its due out in march.
How sad and also amazing that Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell helped move the movie on after Heath Ledgers sad death.
Cheers for this Ace.

One of those movies I just HAVE to go and see in the cinema, no matter how brilliant speakers and equipment are at home.
But the same goes for Avatar, I must see it on the big screen.
Waiting in anticipation :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back