Baby blue cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just picked this one up. No ID on it. If it wasn't for the baby blue paint, I'd probably leave it as is. I like how it's worn through! The chainring looks like one I have on a Western Flyer, but I really have no idea what it is. I just liked the frame.

BabyBlue3-vi.jpg

BabyBlue4-vi.jpg

BabyBlue1-vi.jpg

BabyBlue2-vi.jpg

Check out the Higgins gallery page...Look at the shape of the tanks and you'll see there were a couple basic frame/tank setups. My buildoff bike the Hot Rod Higgins has a straight lower bar where yours curves down. Look at the tanks in the gallery and you'll see what I mean. My guess is yours is a mid-50s. Mine is a '51.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33762

MO...Murray-Ohio...plus look at the chain ring and the way the bottom bar turns down...I believe its a Murray...my 2cents...P 8)

I forgot about the MO and what it meant. I was looking at the 502 number and basing my Higgins theory from that since my Sears bike has that. But I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong and will chock it up to learning something new today!

W in MOTS-W means 1957. A Murray built 57 Western Flyer would be stamped MOT-W. So the built for Sears bikes had an S in there, plus the 502, and sometimes catalog number. EDIT: 4730 is the cat. # for a "JC Higgins rugged, dependable, low-priced 24 and 26in bicycles". Cost $38.95 new. :mrgreen: -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
W in MOTS-W means 1957. A Murray built 57 Western Flyer would be stamped MOT-W. So the built for Sears bikes had an S in there, plus the 502, and sometimes catalog number. EDIT: 4730 is the cat. # for a "JC Higgins rugged, dependable, low-priced 24 and 26in bicycles". Cost $38.95 new. :mrgreen: -Adam

Thank you sir!

Latest posts

Back