back in the game

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It has been 30 plus years since I worked on a bike. After finding this site I have been inspired to take my experience from my youth,of building bikes from trash picked parts, to the next level. I have started a rat bike from some frames saved from a metal scavenger. I will post photos as I work on it in the build section. But for now here is one of the many bikes I built in the 70's
1970bike.jpg

g-ratter said:
It has been 30 plus years since I worked on a bike. After finding this site I have been inspired to take my experience from my youth,of building bikes from trash picked parts, to the next level. I have started a rat bike from some frames saved from a metal scavenger. I will post photos as I work on it in the build section. But for now here is one of the many bikes I built in the 70's
1970bike.jpg

Welcome back!
I just got back into the bike scene (building, riding) earlier this year (I was way for 30 years also) and things have really ramped up after discovering this site.
Now I've got 20 or so bikes (who's counting anyway) and I'm always looking for more!
I've never had so much fun!

BTW, did you 'colorize' that photo or were you really wearing matching green shoelaces?

no colorizing shoe laces. They may have been green knowing me.
I still curse my Dad to this day for giving that bike away when I was at school. I think he did it to get back at me for all the times I spray painted my bikes in the garage and the fumes rose up into the house.

Latest posts

Back