Banana Peeler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into a build-off this summer but after getting started I was glad I did. I wanted to build a bike for everyday type riding instead of another freakbike that was only good for short rides. I love the feel of a lowrider and Im most comfortable sitting straight up anyway so a burrito style was my direction. I got lucky that a neighbor was having a yard sale and I picked up a great candidate to start with, a JC Penny lightweight 3 speed that looked like it had barely been around the block. Its no longer a lightweight but that extra weight gives it good cruising momentum once you get it up to speed. This banana peels down the road at 9 feet long and It rides like a caddy. I even rode it in a 4th of July parade unfinished and everybody seemed to love it. I think I'll be keeping this one for a long time. Please use my first picture as my voting entry. Enjoy.

Starting point.

Great build Tommy! You make this stuff look so easy!

Latest posts

Back