BananaRAMa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sunny Florida Starting October 1, 2016!!!
I've wanted to do a sex change on this girls Monark Super Deluxe for awhile so this build off was the perfect excuse to start. I bought this bike off the Goodwill auction site for $67. A lot of parts are rusted real bad so there is no "cleaning up" to do. The previous owner put a nice coat of gold spray paint on it along with the ape hangers so I'm going to stick with that theme and add a banana seat. Banana seat + RAM (my initials) = BananaRAMa! My childhood was pre-banana so this will be my first plus with an 18" seat I might be able to sit back far enough to pedal comfortably and still keep the seat down low.

49MonarkSuperDeluxe7-6-09.jpg

I used PVC cleaner I had to remove the gold paint. Getting it read to chop.
49Z.jpg

This will be fun!
44.jpg

Yeah, this has been a dilemma for a few months - to cut or not to cut. Six months ago I was dead set against cutting any bike, seemed like murder. I haven't come across a boys Super Deluxe yet and with my present employment status - no employment - I most likely won't be able to afford it. So what's a poor guy to do. Awhile back I came across some pics from a bike club in California in which a few of the members had ratted out Monarks. With the deep fenders and HD rack they just seem like a natural for customizing. I have 2 other girls Super Deluxe bikes in much better condition. I tried acalic acid on the rims but they are so pitted and bubbled up I'm gonna have everything sand blasted. In my mind this will be a much better looking bike when I'm done. That's all I can say. This coming week end will be cut and weld time - I'll post a pic post operation.

cut! :D it makes yours cooler and all the other ones more valuable.

Latest posts

Back