Barn Find Bonanza

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A friend took me out to his parent's farm this morning to have my pick of the old bikes they had. I wasn't expecting much on the 45 minute drive out there, but I was pleasantly surprised. We began with the bikes in the scrap pit. They had been in the elements for several years and a fire that was supposed to clear the pasture got out of hand and the bikes were a bit close.

The first one I kept was this "Royal Crown" English Racer. It is sporting WF grips a JC Higgins shifter, and a tiny banana seat.
IMAG0980.jpg

IMAG0982.jpg

It served as a target evidently.
IMAG0981.jpg

Next the scrap pile gave up this GTR muscle bike. It is frozen solid and may be assigned yard art duty.

IMAG0977.jpg

IMAG0978.jpg

IMAG0979.jpg

The rest of the scrap pit bikes were ladies and kids bikes that I left behind.

The barn was the next stop. The bikes were strewn amongst old tires, engine blocks, and busted furniture.

First to emerge was this '63 Schwinn American.
IMAG0975.jpg

Then this Hawthorne made its way out.
IMAG0976.jpg

The last one I wanted to save was the gem of the day- '52 Hornet***

*EDIT- I realized after a bit that a '52 Hornet was a straight bar frame so I reckecked the serial number and it is a '61. :oops:

IMAG0983.jpg

IMAG0984.jpg

IMAG0985.jpg

Sweet scores.

That Royal Crown would go good with a Moon Pie!! :p

DANG! :!: You lucky dog! :mrgreen: How many will make it to the swap meet??? :?:

Nice finds - good weekend of picking .

If the American is a 26" I'd LOVE to buy the front wheel!

Latest posts

Back