Barn Find Rollfast..UPDATE....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c557c1e306d993f16149579441843fcf.jpg
A lady is offering to sell me her fathers old Rollfast that has sat in the barn for over 30 years. It will take 20 bucks and an hours drive each way. Was hopeing it was a twin bar model but its not. Any idea of a model or year?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

It looks mid-late 60's going by the chain guard and the chain wheel. If this is the chain wheel:
s-l225_zpsu1b0ph2r.jpg

But the forks are forged, which is good, but usually were on older bikes. The paint matches well, so they probably are original. The frame looks like an older model also, like 50's, but the chain guard looks like the original also, so my best guess is late 60's. Maybe early 70's.
It looks like a good bike, not beat up and probably taken care of before it sat in the barn. Easily worth 20 bucks.

Those would work, and go right on those wheels if they are good. 2.125 will probably fit if you wanted to go even wider. And save the fenders for a possible change later.

Well another one got away. The lady had to check with her brother about selling her dads old bike and the answer was NO. Going back in the barn to rot. I never got too excited about the whole deal cause I figured what the outcome would be. Seen it too many times and I was right.

Last edited:
The lady who has it finally convinced the family let her sell it to me so planning a little trip next week to bring home.

Now I cant get. We agreed on a 20.00 purchase price but the husbands is looking at overpriced internet junk thinking its worth a lot more. They can shove it sideways.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back