BBQ and smoking season.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I've been grillin ribs aor smoking brisket while working on a buildiff bike. These just for the wife and I this evening.

Post up your eats and as Jake would say "GET TO BUILDIN' "

Cheers.
20230529_201057.jpg

That looks good!
Smoking meat is gaining popularity here as well.

A few weeks ago we slaughtered chickens on a farm of a friend. For the help we can take some chickens home. We use nearly every bit of the animal.
Right now my wife just finished up cooking the carcasses for days and she made 'bone broth'. She also uses that for soup.
Our dog can finally relax now that the broth is done, she won't leave the kitchen in that time :grin:

That looks good!
Smoking meat is gaining popularity here as well.

A few weeks ago we slaughtered chickens on a farm of a friend. For the help we can take some chickens home. We use nearly every bit of the animal.
Right now my wife just finished up cooking the carcasses for days and she made 'bone broth'. She also uses that for soup.
Our dog can finally relax now that the broth is done, she won't leave the kitchen in that time :grin:
It sounds BBQ chicken could be on the menu this week at your house too.

I Took some out of the freezer this morning. Should be ready to cook tomorrow. Fish will be on Thursday.

Last Wednesdays fish turned out well.
20230531_202304.jpg
20230531_203611.jpg
20230531_204135.jpg

View attachment 235510
I did this beef tri-tip Saturday. Long-time local radio host Ray Appleton refers to this cut as “Fresno’s Shame”. If you get a choice one it can be very nice.

Thats One of my favorite cuts cooked almost rare in the center. Rest in foil for 15 minutes after off the grille and then cuts a number of steaks from the outside in, tips are well, then med-well, medium and medium rare center, all in one. Yum yum

Well, buildoff is over, waiting for voting to end of Tueaday.

Built an allpesood and mullberry fire in the smokebox and threw a shoulder on at 4am. Should be ready for sunday dinmer around 5 or 5:30.
View attachment 244996
It's never gonna get cooked if don't stop opening and shutting that lid! Doesn't your arm ever get tired?!!!:21:

Every state Ive been to has a different potato salad. Sooo many different recipes even in large families.

My mom's potato salad, is of course my favorite and simple to make. Took me a bit to pare down the recipe to a few people, but here it is.

2 large Yukon gold potatoes boiled for 30 minutes and peeled after cooled under ice the cut in 1/2 inch cubes.
3 eggs boiled for 15 minutes and peeled after cooled with ice.
3 medium dill picked chopped.
1 giant table spoon of miracle whip.
1 giant heaping table spoon of mayo.
At least a tablespoon of yellow mustard
Some dill picked juice.
Salt and pepper.
20230806_170050.jpg

Mix mayo, whip, salt, pepper, juice in a jar you can shake it all together.
20230806_170709.jpg

Then in a small bowl combine it all together.
20230806_171821.jpg

Let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours to soak on. If after that time it looks dry Add a little pickle juice or mayo to moisten it up.

Add salt and pepper to taste when enjoying it... mmmm yum.

Edit. Whats a Giant Tablespoon??

Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Giant Tablespoon (serving spoon??)
20230806_175458.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back