bendix redband 2 speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a bendix redband 2 speed mounted to an s5 wheel for a project bike and it was abit rough and looked like it was just dried grease so i took it apart (not for the timid) and using the exploded diagram to do it but the combination of lining up brake clutches and planitary gears make it a true nightmare
but my question is has anyone else messed with these? mine when i took it apart it had loose bearings instead of caged bearings where shown on the pic below and the inside bearing race part of the hub had some wear, so It makes me think this has been apart sometime in its life and maybe not correct.
I have it back together (insert bad words) but havent stuck it in a frame yet to see if it works
bendix2.jpg

I've had a few of these apart and don't remember more than one set of loose bearings. I probably have the correct retainer and bearings if you feel like taking it apart again.

Yeow,ya just turned on the WAY BACK MACHINE...

I rebuilt/cleaned/lubed my '62 Jag back in the early 90's (pre internet for me)

I layed out all the cleaned pieces in order with the anal patience of a Saint and smeared them all with Lubriplate white grease.

Its good!

I had one apart when I was young and I still remember what a pain it was to get it back together working properly , now I have one
on the bench waiting for the work over... not as young as I used to be so I hope for a smooth job hhhmmmm :roll:

Back