Bendix Yellow Band

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am in my bike refusal mode so I can get my shop organized but I couldn't refuse a free Bendix Yellow Band. It's laced to a Schwinn wheel and both hub and wheel have excellent chrome and no rust. I got it from another enthusiast who rebuilt it and couldn't get it working. I know nothing about these but I figure it would be a nice winter project I could do inside. He indicated that there was a part missing so I am not sure if he lost it during reassembly or if someone else tried to rebuild it and lost the part or perhaps it was a donor. I hope there are still parts available?
IMG_0156.JPG

Looks to be in great shape!

It looks like it's all there also. I'll bet it works when you assemble it.

These are easy to work on man, should be fun! Keep grease off the spring, just a drop or two of oil...Might consider using lighter lithium type of grease on the bearings and friction surfaces too. Parts are available if you find you are missing one, ebay, or just buy another hub for parts :D

Maybe the spring is in the wrong place. Look between parts 30 and 12 to see if it's jammed in there.

Latest posts

Back