Bent fork fix?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Anyone have any cool trick on fixing bent head tubes on forks? I have a few bent forks and wold like to get them usable!

Thanks,
Tyler

i spin the thing around.
then run head on into
a block wall.of coarse...
i put a junk rim on front,first :arrow: 8)
or. ya can mount a razor wheel;
run into a concrete stopper in a
parking lot. :mrgreen:
WEAR A HELMENT.
these are methods i use;
NOT RECOMMENDED.

Easy fix if the fork's bent where the tube meets the fork. I put the headset nut on, wrap it in a rag and stick it in the trailer hitch receiver on my truck. I put a block of wood between the floor jack pad and the forks and use hydraulic jack pressure to straighten it, checking it a few times so I don't go too far.

If the tube's bent in the center, you'll probably be better off welding another on like scrumblero said.

twomorestrokes said:
Easy fix if the fork's bent where the tube meets the fork. I put the headset nut on, wrap it in a rag and stick it in the trailer hitch receiver on my truck. I put a block of wood between the floor jack pad and the forks and use hydraulic jack pressure to straighten it, checking it a few times so I don't go too far.

If the tube's bent in the center, you'll probably be better off welding another on like scrumblero said.

ya, they even make a jug to straighten crowns with...

This simple tool takes the bend out of the steertube just as it was bent to begin with. NO need to weld on another steer tube
zanesbuild006.jpg

zanesbuild007.jpg

zanesbuild008.jpg

zanesbuild009.jpg

zanesbuild010.jpg

I put the fork on a junk frame. Bolt a junk hub in the fork and the rear of the frame. Have the fork backwards. Hook a tow strap to the rear, around the front, and have the ratchet hooked to the rear as well. Then start cranking. I always go a little farther because it will spring back. I've done it twice with good results. Probably not the best way but its all I have.

Latest posts

Back