Bent springer fork needs raising

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the bent springer fork for my bike, but its too low to ride now. The pedals hit the ground each time the spring compresses and makes it difficult to ride. What's the best way to raise the fork slightly. Would a longer spring do the job? I thought of replacing the spring with a sold pipe of some kind so there is no play, but not sure if that would damage anything. What do you guys suggest? Thanks :D

If you like the look and lines on it I would just install a shorter crank in the bb.May not be the advice you wanted but it's definitly safe.

Post a pic...Measure the pedals all the way down (clearence from ground to pedal)

Don't know if your still having problems with this or not but I was having the same issues. I just thought I'd share what I did tonight that helps quite a bit. I used some stainless steel allthread and cut to length, then put a nut and washer on the inside of the bracket and a cap nut on the end of the allthread. I then screwed the allthread into the headset bracket. You may need to shim the gap between the spring and headset bracket with washers or some kind of collar. After I did this it locked up the spring action on the fork and it added at least an inch in hieght to the crank. I hope this makes sense. If anyone needs pict let me know and I'll take some. I'm just excited to put my non-shortened crank back on the bike. I felt like a big kid riding a 16" bike. :shock:

Lifeblood said:
I purchased the bent springer fork for my bike, but its too low to ride now. The pedals hit the ground each time the spring compresses and makes it difficult to ride. What's the best way to raise the fork slightly. Would a longer spring do the job? I thought of replacing the spring with a sold pipe of some kind so there is no play, but not sure if that would damage anything. What do you guys suggest? Thanks :D
i know its kind of late but you could do somthing like this
frontspring.jpg

Latest posts

Back