Best Built Mixte Comp 07 Billing UK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys first weekend in June is always the big Raleigh Chopper / Muscle bike meet, at Billing, Northampton England UK This year we had a side comp for Best Built Mixte.

Garys Captian America won

PICT0349.jpg

twelve bikes in all were entered, some were built that day from parts available. Great atmosphere of co-operation. And best of all the kids enjoyed it, and found building one so easy, that they all went away thinking of new ideas.
One bike was painted with glow in the dark paint? One used a unicycle through the headset? wonderfull weekend. All bikes used Raleigh Mixte style frame as a base.

PICT0353.jpg

PICT0347.jpg

PICT0360.jpg

PICT0361.jpg

Hard luck to Wellcharged who entered a great bike, but did`nt make 1st place, first prize was a create of Stella.

wellcharged.jpg

Wow I'm a BIG fan of Easy Rider, but second place is sweet..very sweet , tuff choice, It would take many a stout to decide :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'd have Voted for the White and Blue one,
with The Skway Tuff( white)

That is an Awesome Build!

thanks for sharing the Event and Pictures with us.
It's inspired me to take some new Directions
with a Mixtie.....for sure!

Kev.

Cheers for the comments guys, it was good to see all the different permutation of building the bike like:- apes and banana, apes and fat cruiser seat, cruiser bars with fat seat, etc
Still think Apes with fat cruiser seat on a layback looks best.

Back