Best clear coat recommendation?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spraymax 2k. $18 per can but completely worth it. It is automotive quality.

Concept 2021 Urethane Clear
i love this stuff but be warned............unless youre going to do alot of clearing(ie a few cars) its really not cost effective(if i recall right its about 250 for a gallon.....probably more now)
if you can shoot and get your stuff to lay down nice omni clear will work its just awful if you have to try and cut & buff it though........
(bike i used omni clear on w/o color sanding and buffing)
bikeformommysday.jpg

the secret is in the prep. u think it is clean but nooooo it is not. and once you start cleaning it u better wear gloves to handle the frame. personally on pay it back i think i just used krylon clear but used a lot of it and it has lasted very well i think.

$250 a gallon is a bit much. any idea where to find Spraymax 2k besides online?

I'm cleaning the frame with alco then handling with gloves till I clear it. it should be pretty clean.

sensor... .... looks friggin awesome!

BTW Karfer, you're the reason I found this site. I was searching JC's and stumbled on heaven. thanks. Love the higgins and might have to model my new frame find around it (if I can get a chopper fork cheap enough)

the fork i used goes for like 70 bucks and thanks for the kind words :D

Latest posts

Back