Best way to attach a headbadge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got a headbadge I will put on my current build. What's the best way to attach it. It's not original to the bike . Hot glue maybe? Double sided tape?

mat double sided tape does a excellent job and hold strong , but rivets are the way to go if your afraid of it being stolen

bikejunky said:
2 pea size spots of clear silicone. Can be removed with dental floss at a later date with no paint damage.

Tim
I was going to suggest RTV!

I used metal screws with loctite and it didn't work. I lost the head badge.

i recall , mat double sided tape hold strong (except in cold weather) mine fell today :S but in the summer you would need a screwdriver to remove it

A friend gave me a small vile of brass split pins. They work great for headbadges! Insert them thru the badge and head tube then bend the splits over inside head tube. Of course you have to remove the fork. Not sure where he got them..maybe a hardware store or office supply?

I haven't painted mine yet but when I put my badge back on I was going to use jb weld or two party epoxy. I want it to sir flush. Double side tape seems to thick and the gap could be ugly?.?.? I've only built one bike so far... what do I know?!

Latest posts

Back