Bicycle Kids Sidecar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Here is a sidecar I just bought off Ebay last week. It looks like a kids size sidecar. Probably went on a 20 inch bike. It has been painted a few times over the years. I see a dark red/ marroon on the bottom. There is also red, light blue, white, and black. It is 27 inches long and 12 inches wide at the seat. It needs to be cleaned and repainted since it has so many coats of paint already. Nothing original about this paint. Here are a few pics and a link to all the pics I took so far.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s853.photobucket.com/user/paradisejaxon/embed/slideshow/Bicycle Sidecar"></iframe>

That's a cool little find right there!

VERY cool!!

Nice find ! I almost went for that side car but I decided one was enough. Id like to know who made the one I have & the one you just got. There seems to be little to go on in finding out who made these. ( Unless you have the one that looks like a boat or a luggage rack ) but they seem to be mostly in Europe.
IMG_20150703_083453514_zpslhlxoydu.jpg

I like it! How about a cool fade paint job and attach it to a Sears Screamer?

Tanksalot could you show a few more pics of yours? I couldn't find anything searching the pics on the web for mine. It is made pretty simple. Only 6 parts to the body then the mounting axles. Probably some small shop made them custom back in the day.

Jaxon my side car axle attaches very similar to the one you have .My front bracket is ridged Yours looks like it may be adjustable? You need to make a frame bracket clamp. In order to attach the front bracket to the lower frame tube or (a frame tube ) I had to make my front support bracket ( I used a girls Huffy Sling shot frame for mine ironicly . I have a center bracket that attaches to my seat post holding frame bolt ( This bracket appears to be original. )as it appears to be quite old looking. The side car was auctially on a mid 1930s woman's Raleigh when I bought it .Respectfully I wouldn't bead blast your side car unless you do it your self. Its just to rare for a send out to blasting item. IMO . I hope this helps.
DSC01295_zps5c45b0df.jpg

DSC01296_zps28a1c15e.jpg

Last edited:
I might be making a few of these to sell.
I think the one you have may be easier to recreate than mine & yours has a good stance/look to make it more likely to work with other eras of bikes. The one thing Id do if you remake these Id make it about 8 to 10 inches longer .My side car is basicly the same size but its longer by 8 or so inches & can be used till about the age of 5 year old kids .

The guy I use to clean my stuff won't go crazy and damage it. He does good work on all the stuff I get from him. I cleaned off some bondo and found lots of rust holes it the back behind the seat. I am sure it can be cut out and a piece put back in. Probably some more rot but nothing that can't be fixed. I found the original red paint under the bondo. I thought about making it a little longer if I make them. Maybe a little taller too.

Latest posts

Back