Bicycle License Plates

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently saw someone post an inquiry about an interest in trading states/provinces bicycle license plates, the problem is I don't remember on which forum.

Anyone like the idea (even though it isn't mine)?

I can get a good supply of the plastic, letter 'em yerself NY plates at Wally World for $2 ea.

Who's up for this?

another idea...along the same lines...is old bicycle licenses. Many from minnesota were metal...then plastic...then they went with the sticker (license stickers would be hard to trade!).

I have a bunch from the 1950-1960's (i'll need to find them), but then people could get a license the year of their Rat

Just a thought

New Dharma

new_dharma said:
another idea...along the same lines...is old bicycle licenses. Many from minnesota were metal...then plastic...then they went with the sticker (license stickers would be hard to trade!).

I have a bunch from the 1950-1960's (i'll need to find them), but then people could get a license the year of their Rat

Just a thought

New Dharma
That sounds cool? Got a 1964 or 1968

I'm game....I'll see what we gots ups here in South West British Columbia.

Count me in for a 1961,1969,1951,1966

I think it would be cool to run a plate from another place,like a Hawaii plate would be cool on a Rat....or a So-Cal...or a Chicago for the Schwinn guys....

:) put me down for 51,60,62,65, and 69
california and NY would be my first choice,

Thanks,Vroom!

Hello,

This is chainsaw's wife Giggles.

I am interested.

I have some plastic, letter 'em yerself Michigan bicycle plates and would be interested in trading them. I have four of them on hand right now and can get more.

Most all bicycle plates are city issued, no state on most. I like the old cereal mini car plates from the different states. here is a plate that was on one of my OLD wood rim Westfield bikes when I got it.
cyclelicense.jpg

anyone that has or comes across a sacramento ca plate please let me know i collect them. i have sold most of the ones i had which sucked but i still have about 5. oldest i have is a 41, newest is on my 76 stingray which is an A plate making it a 71 or so. no not correct for the bike but oh so cool. i have pondered the idea of repoping these plates only because they are very very popular among the chopper and rat bike croud. the one on my chopper doubles as a tail light mounted on the left side like a full size chopper is.

Back