bicycles anonymous.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I sold a bike recently to someone that said they had 39 bikes. Looking at some of the pictures posted here, I have to wonder how sick we all are. It would be interesting to know how many bikes we have collectivly. So I guess I'll start.

I am a bike-a-holic. I have 15 bikes and a few projects. I was trying to make some money on the side. so far I have just collected cool bikes I can't seem to part with.

I've got 13, I've been trying to thin the herd, but good deals keep showing up. My Schwinn 6 speed cruiser for 7 dollars and Trek 1000 for 20 dollars couldn't be passed up. I had 14 yesterday, but the JCH is headed over to my brother's house as a bday gift.

vi0l8k.jpg

All I know is I have too many - and that is after selling a bunch and hauling 2 1/2 tons to the scrap yard in the last 4 years.

I have 15 in my garage 17 on the back porch twenty or more in the back yard and two sheds full of parts. Tony

Between my dad and I, we have about 40 of them. One time I was selling this mountain bike to some guy on Craigslist, he asks me why I'm getting rid of it. I said that I have 40 of them and don't need any more. You should of seen his face! :shock: LOL!

I plead the 5th. Amendment. But I do admit "I have a problem".

...too many...50 + ..but I just traded 9 for 2 so Im heading the right way!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wish I hadn't thought about it now...
Well, I guess I must have a problem too.... or maybe it's 38 problems. :shock:

Just checked, found 5 "other" bikes... Later model stuff.
2 Chopper style bikes (The Rat Royale and a Cannibal)
1 Stretched Cruiser (Stretch Orangestrong)
1 Electra Hawaii (Wife's)
1 Fuji Crosstown (Stepdaughter's)

And then counted the "S" branded collection... 32.

And then there is this older frame sitting here next to me... 'Teens era "Flyer" style frame. (Probably going to get sold)
That makes 38.

Of these... the more noteworthy in my eyes:
2 Tandems (both are labeled "BICYCLE BUILT FOR TWO" on the chainguards, '63 & '64)
1 Town & Country trike ('69 two speed)
2 Cycle-Trucks ('39 or '40, and a '67 - Hopin' it's a '39 - that would be the first and last years of production based on the catalogs)
2 B10's ('33 & '34)
and then the other Schwinns of various types and styles - 3 Typhoons, Tornado, Streamliner, Starlet III, Hollywood, Jaguar Mk IV, M/W Panther/American, 3 DX's, 3 Straightbars, Black Phantom Re-issue, 2 B-6's, 2 Continentals, 2 Varsities - one is a camelback, Super-Sport, Pixie, and a '74 Sprint

My original intent was to have one of each: 26" middleweight frame styles, the post-war 26" ballooners frame styles, and one each of the lightweight frames in the electro-forged and filet brazed framestyles.
I am short several, and have pretty much conceded that it probably ain't gonna happen.
I think I am still missing two mid-weights, and a couple of lightweights. Pretty much got the rest covered, but also pretty much run out of space.

Now.....
Built-wise.. The rideable count is far less, as I have the parts for most of these to complete them, but many are still unassembled, and/or un-touched bare frames with boxes of stuff sitting to build them with. This number is roughly 16.
I have given several old Schwinns to some of my family too..

So that leaves me to wonder... How did I get so far into this? I remember having one, then two.....

And here we are today.
Ouch.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Ummm, I have no idea! How many is this?
SUNP0009.jpg
Figure that, plus two smaller rooms in the basement... STILL, I know there are members with more bikes than this!! :shock: ~Adam

I only have 21, but I feel sorry for the person that's going to tally-up all these for the total. Hope you have a lot of spare time.

ha. i added all the ones everyones said so far, and i took the liberty of guessing Rustinkerer has about 100 or so, and then added mine soo.. thats about 512 bikes/projects so far. yeah i got that bored. :lol:

Latest posts

Back