Big Budget & ALMOST WHEEL COOL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did mention casting that front wheel, forgot about it till now! Would love some details on it Rarebmx!

Luke.
I don't see a valve stem is the front tire solid?
The Purpa-Trator has a pretty wide turn radius. How does that top fueler compare? It looks like a blast to ride. Have you taken it out yet?

...The Purpa-Trator has a pretty wide turn radius. How does that top fueler compare? It looks like a blast to ride. Have you taken it out yet?
Whats your wheelbase? HeadBanger's is 54" that's a decent arc to turn...

Carl.

I'm not at able to measure (working) but it's longer than my krates. If you turn too sharp it wants to dive into pavement. Takes a few passes to learn it. But it is so fun to ride.I'll measure when I get back home

I don't see a valve stem is the front tire solid?
The Purpa-Trator has a pretty wide turn radius. How does that top fueler compare? It looks like a blast to ride. Have you taken it out yet?

The front wheel I found at an antique mall. It is a solid tire. I did not have it made but took a hub & sliced it in half to make the axle. I had the correct front wheel with NOS tire on the bike until I found/made this setup. I looked for over 2 years to find a spoked 16" cast wheel, thos worked out perfectly for a display build. KrateMayhem has the only 16 spoked wheel I've ever seen that would work.
This bike is almost 7ft long (including wheelie bar) & 6ft tall. The last one I did ride & I could not turn it around on a 2 lane road. I have to carry the bike from place to place inside the house & set it where I want it. I am going to see about having a real wheel CNC'd with 5 spokes shortly.
I do think it is a front wheel off that particular trike. It was only $15, I could not resist. This looks like the wheel... Wheelcraft?
http://www.tricyclefetish.com/images/research/wheelcraftsilverstarb92a_1.JPG

Last edited:
That's a long bike! Looks good. Do you use a different front wheel setup for riding?

Last edited:
That's a long bike! Looks good. Do you use a different front wheel setup for riding?

I would use a different front wheel. The catch is: I'm 6' 1". 185, these forks have so much rake that they flex.... I would let a person under 125 lbs ride it but feel it is no designed for anyone my size. This one was built to look at. I have other Rails & Slingshots to ride plus my King Sting.

I haven't done any work on finding someone to make one yet.

them bars are cool i had a pair of stelbar big wheel bars but i traded them to jaxon their pretty cool and pretty rare from what i gather.
love the bike its cool
Sean

Latest posts

Back