Bike Addict saying Hello World!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm a rat bike addict from California. There are a lot of cool bikes on this site that have the "right" look.. the build thread section is sick. I have been reading a lot of threads while working on my latest bike. I never saw a lever-operated front coaster brake until coming to this sight. :mrgreen:

The first bike that I customized was a pedicab. The lights and stereo run off an auto 12V. Chromoly frame. This bike was fast!! I would regularly pass the local beach cruiser riders on the bike path.

1216081629.jpg

The flat black, with black tires and unpainted 48-spoke wheels is still my favorite color combo.

1216081629a.jpg

Then I built a 2-wheeler from a junked diamondback frame, with 26" wheels, coaster in back and single front brake, slick tires. Rode for a while, then upgraded:

This bike is a Roadmaster AMF 10-speed I picked up in awful condition, the right brake lever was toast so I moved the front lever over to the right, and got a new rear wheel with a good tube and rubber in exchange for some wheel truing work for my roommate. After some more cleaning and shining:

IMG_0176.jpg

This bike is called the "Beast". I didn't build it but I rode it for a week. I post it because, in my opinion, the bike captures the essence of the rat-rod pedicab San Diego beach look. One of the first 5 seaters built in SD. Good bike for the ladies, they throw their long legs up on the front seat and you can tickle their painted toes :mrgreen:
IMG_0162.jpg

And this is what I'm working on now, '85 Free Spirit frame 650c rear 26 MTB slick front, thinking front caliper/rear coaster etc..
IMG_0389.jpg

I will be lurking for a while, picking up ideas and themes for my current build 8)

Latest posts

Back