Bike Name? More Info?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I am looking to restore this bike that my father has held on to for many years, but has not done anything with it. I have attempted to find the name of the bike, manufacturer, or anything about it really. I have had no luck. I really want to know what the original color may have been.

All I know about it is that it has a "Coast King" tag on the front of the bike and under the seat are "Troxel Number 17-U9" and "Sears Number 49000"

If anyone has any information on this bike that would be great to hear!

Thanks

IMG_3397.JPG

So is "middleweight" its name, or is that just a classification? Also, can you point me to any pictures of another bike of this kind?

Middleweight is a classification.
I think what you have is a huffy built coast king imperial, looks like you have a missing tank.
70c6abd2082508b0c8bc55c431b61ee8.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

See if it has a serial number on one of the dropouts by the rear axle. The first number may be the last digit of the year. On this bike, I'm fairly certain it's early 60's, going by the seat, handlegrips, and pedals. A 3hxxxxx would be a 63 bike. If it is a 9, then maybe it is a 59 model. Too bad you don't have the chain guard, that's where the model name usually is. But the rest of the bike looks original and not beat up. The original color was probably red. If you find the year, google up that year plus Coast king bike to possibly find a match.

If you take the fork out you should be a able to get a good idea of original color from the steerer where it was protected inside the head tube. There is a guy on here (Old Scool) who makes reproduction caps for those top tubes as well. Looks like a good one to restore.

Latest posts

Back