Bike Shipping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is expensive.

Some good options for people, maybe. Maybe if you are planning a long drive and might have some room, post a thread incase you could bring another RRB member a bike from your hometown or pick-up on the way. You save on shipping, they get a little gas for free?

I will be going from Missouri to Colorado at least one time this summer.

http://www.uship.com/

DUDES!!! I did post this else where; I'm at the 73-77 Olds Cutlass forum, a while back they talked about the guys at the Corvette forum "shuttling" parts across the states. For example; a guy in IL buys a bumper in FL and to save on shipping, other forum members between FL and IL pass or "relay" said bumper. The cost of gas stinks so this might not work well for whole bikes. But like I said, we get new members all the time so one day a bike could make an easy trip. I could be bribed with parts ISO gas$$$. Keep this in mind for later when the member count rolls 50,000 :!:

bigredddaddy said:
DUDES!!! I did post this else where; I'm at the 73-77 Olds Cutlass forum, a while back they talked about the guys at the Corvette forum "shuttling" parts across the states. For example; a guy in IL buys a bumper in FL and to save on shipping, other forum members between FL and IL pass or "relay" said bumper. The cost of gas stinks so this might not work well for whole bikes. But like I said, we get new members all the time so one day a bike could make an easy trip. I could be bribed with parts ISO gas$$$. Keep this in mind for later when the member count rolls 50,000 :!:

yep, i saw that... here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5402

'73-'77 Cutlass, huh? buddy of mine had a sweeeeet '73 in high school... butternut yellow cutlass supreme, white vinyl roof, 350 with (I think) Quadrajet, white factory buckets/console shift. Funny thing was his dad had a matching butternut yellow '73 Vista Cruiser 350/4 with the woodgrain and the whole nine. I traveled quite a few miles in both those puppies...

But back on track: I travel from south central PA to NYC/LI fairly often, but I usually have an overstuffed minvan full of kids with me. I could handle some parts, but full bikes won't work very often for me...

--rick

Greyhound also is an option, they're reasonable on pricing too! Drop off at a station, pickup at a station.

You can check prices online also.

Forward Air Freight and similar companies also move stuff from their warehouses in major cities cheap. All you have to do is shrinkwrap (provided) whatever you are sending to a pallete and off it goes. A crate full of bike parts??

Back