BIKES DIRECT GRAVITY QUIGLEY FULL SUSPENSION FAT BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not surprised if its just a bushing. Most of the higher end bikes will have bearings, like your specialized. Bearings are much smoother.

I am not surprised if its just a bushing. Most of the higher end bikes will have bearings, like your specialized. Bearings are much smoother.
Thanks, thats what I thought it must be (a bushing) but I didn't know if they used them on bicycles. It sure is stiff. My 57 Triumph 650 has bushings in swing arm but it has to be greased weekly. I didn't see any provision to grease anything on the Quigley rear triangle.

Last edited:
I got the Quigley back together with the new frame and have been riding it (I broke the old one last fall). I got rid of the VEE8 tires and replaced them with Bontrager Hodag 3.8 inch tires. It rides like a different bike, tracks perfectly with low pressure and is even more nimble than the 27.5 + demo bikes I have been trying. Also the Hodag shed a half pound from the VEE8 tires. The Hodags have a higher profile than the VEE8s as it no longer fits in my bike carrier. The biggest problem with this bike is the poor tires and low end wheels it comes with. I would like to put on lighter tubeless rims. It has lazy shifting and I think that is due to the weird cable arrangement. The rear derailleur cable is attached to the top of the rear triangle and when it pivots it collapses and stretches the cable. The rear shifter cable housing is also thin (4mm) and I don't know if a 5mm one would help this problem. It also came with a slightly bent front brake rotor which I straightened by gently tweaking it with a set of off-set pliers. The rest of the components aren't too bad. The suspension system is not real sophisticated, but not too bad and seems to work as well as the much more expensive 27.5+ bikes I have been demo riding. Much better bike with the new tires. I gave the VEE8s away, not worth a toot.

Latest posts

Back