Bikes I likes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t you get that just between Ottawa and Montreal?
It's pretty flat around here not alot of off road and most trails are old train routes you go 45 mins past Ottawa (where I grew up)you hit the rough stuff thick bush and parts just starting to see paved roads.

Don’t you get that just between Ottawa and Montreal?
Ottawa is still pretty Franco. Moreso between Montreal and Toronto
4167c7d7b01f6b1ee7524afa2bb9a418.jpg

That one starts early...
20-Books-10-B.jpg

...and stretches back to the earliest times in our history

Ottawa is still pretty Franco. Moreso between Montreal and Toronto View attachment 218198
That one starts early...View attachment 218199
...and stretches back to the earliest times in our history
Those two teams can be dead last and they will sell out every night. Toronto vs Montreal is pretty much war. Been like that for generations here in Canada. A lot of Canadians barely consider Ottawa a team it's a team we go watch to see the other teams we can't afford to see ie Montreal and Toronto.

Back in the early 70’s all we got was one TV channel out on the muskeg: CBC.

So we saw a lot of top notch hockey fights. And the mystery of Canadian football. Not enough fishing shows though, considering . . .

Matti, it was 1970 when we moved up there. Times were a lot different. We gave up 60% of our TV watching. It was boring so you learned to do things like skate or build a canoe in the garage, in the winter.

I built a Ford. But before that, I had the first DIY chopper bicycle in Baudette.

The lone border guard wouldn’t let me take it across the bridge to Rainey River Ontario for some silly reason, but for $.10 I could walk over there.

I sold that bike for $10 about the same time I started going to college in International Falls.

Well, this is fun! Not exactly a "bike I like" but the idea is fantastic. Let's get the city to build us one @ingola, then we can ride the bike path year round!
https://hackaday.com/2023/01/01/snow-plowing-by-bicycle/
I would love it make my bike ride to work alot easier. It's ashame though he's so very right the bike infrastructure in most parts of Canada is horrible (with the exception of Montreal) especially where Mattie and I live are city built an industrial park 6km away from most of Cornwall and has two buses a day. (Most plants have 3 shifts) so if you're not fortunate enough to drive like me (stroke that lead to seizures so license taken away) you are left to bike or walk. You bike you are left with a little lane on the side of the road that all the Walmart's in eastern Canada are fed through (two Walmart warehouses) not to mention a major grocery store chain warehouse and all the other manufacturers on the road. Makes for a very scary bike ride made even worse in the winter.

You bike you are left with a little lane on the side of the road that all the Walmart's in eastern Canada are fed through (two Walmart warehouses) not to mention a major grocery store chain warehouse and all the other manufacturers on the road. Makes for a very scary bike ride made even worse in the winter
Yeah when a shift let's out on that end of town, Tenth becomes a speedway, I won't even drive it.

Latest posts

Back