BIKES with TRUCKS photo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cook three-bar cruiser and my '93 Toyota pickup, dents galore but very little rust for Iowa. The 22r-e and 5 speed make for a fun-to-drive lil truck.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2479.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2479.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 38
  • thumbnail_IMG_2476.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2476.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 40
You call that a truck? This is a truck.

170 ton. Retired in favor of bigger 240 ton trucks.

Last edited:
Here is my 'truck', with three bikes in the back. They are all Romet Jubilat 2 folders, which I had just bought from a guy who had collected them from local scrapyards. One has since been prepared to sell in the Spring, one is my farm bike, and the other my occasional hack bike - when I have not borrowed bits off of it to fit to my other bikes. The truck is a 1 litre Toyota Yaris, and gets to haul our stuff everywhere, including my original Jubilat off-road conversion and my 20" wheeled Romet Wigry folder.

AM-JKLUDJbR2-Hcm_SNEdblq6DTwE9KPPfrg1h1M4sTXcVCcMUrMdEu54ADi1XzWxum0KCtd5VlVQ0um5FUr9K4Enj8dwpxKL3tSJCVxGeI82Gbo8Yy7v4d5sLj6EVL6bb7IxTDmQTByY7uwqgBjXSmxWMRwoQ=w1126-h955-no
You call that a TRUCK?? REALLY?? See post 104!!! Now that's a TRUUUUCK!!!!!

Here is my 'truck', with three bikes in the back. They are all Romet Jubilat 2 folders, which I had just bought from a guy who had collected them from local scrapyards. One has since been prepared to sell in the Spring, one is my farm bike, and the other my occasional hack bike - when I have not borrowed bits off of it to fit to my other bikes. The truck is a 1 litre Toyota Yaris, and gets to haul our stuff everywhere, including my original Jubilat off-road conversion and my 20" wheeled Romet Wigry folder.

AM-JKLUDJbR2-Hcm_SNEdblq6DTwE9KPPfrg1h1M4sTXcVCcMUrMdEu54ADi1XzWxum0KCtd5VlVQ0um5FUr9K4Enj8dwpxKL3tSJCVxGeI82Gbo8Yy7v4d5sLj6EVL6bb7IxTDmQTByY7uwqgBjXSmxWMRwoQ=w1126-h955-no

Where are you that you got Polish (?) made 24" folders? I can say I'd never seen them before.

Where are you that you got Polish (?) made 24" folders? I can say I'd never seen them before.
Well it is quite easy, when you live in rural eastern Poland ;)

I have 4 Romet Jubilat folders with 24" wheels, a classic Romet Wigry folder with 20" wheels, and a Romet Turing step-thru frame - finding them is like picking fruit off a tree as although out of production for about 20 years many are still in use - the Wigry I found by a dumpster, and Turing was decaying in one of my barns - and the three Jubilats in the car were a normal bulk buy.

Here is one of the three, a rare Zenit model with 3-speed derailleur instead of the standard coaster brake. It is now my farm bike, and you can tell because it is leaning against my cottage on my farm ;)

AM-JKLWYI2ogOMjn8vNh7SHPFn8yY6dD02x0Mo-W0S5zJpwkBn4MXqAgihwPdJideQbnlFv9Cv56nKSl9zXMZb2VhKK3aC8hoEyIdreDipJQaF43U3OcxXKDk5i7gCMtqLmlaJar_Vm5ObWDWGC8t6w4nuhg1A=w1274-h955-no

It'd be cool to see the drive side, I'm curious about the 3 speed setup
It is not a big deal, a standard 5-gear freewheel derailleur set up with no gears on the smallest and largest positions - you can see the hub on my profile picture. I think I would have to replace the H and L screws to use a freewheel with more gears as the H seems wound out a long way already. The bike is in pieces at the moment for a total rebuild, and at some stage I will be trying another built wheel I have hanging around with an actual 5-speed or 6-speed freewheel, I cannot remember which.

AM-JKLX7cFUq0Q4xqsEBjILIse8Elr2uyyZq_fVkhFf0jD273rffvCMh5CJOYfrmZeFQetf8f8cFNbJ13gzS17jt-hBble1iCAiYlD2NKwY3_EpkJd872vwTmdv3wYeo_s55L_oPA8e6pt1d0YN9vy7jq8QuqQ=w935-h955-no

Anyone familiar with Romets will recognise the 3-piece crank normally found on their mid-range machines rather than the normal 2-piece. The BB is toast, so it is going to get a square drive crank, either cartridge or caged bearing, not sure which yet.

Latest posts

Back