*** BILLET BULLET ***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep...

ej599 said:
Great looking bike and a nice save. Extra credit for using a frame that others might not consider. Also not just a 'show' bike either but quite ridable. Great job!

Yep... Well, at the time I found this frame in my parents shed, I started to discover more mixtes right here on RRB.COM so I figured it would be accepted. It has interesting lines, to say the least so I just saw lots of possibilities. But the one thing that made me choose this one over the Batavus I picked for my Cartboardtracker was that it had such nice aluminum parts, and I really wanted to see what I could build from aluminum. The only 'new' parts are the aloy strips, front tire, outer brakeline, break lever, and the front tire. In other words: 'cheap build'!

Yep... Hard to imagine that this thing would've end up on the local scrap pile...

Galtbacken said:
Those fenders really fit that bike, visible and clean if you look straight at them, but almost invisible when you look at the whole bike. You've really done a good and precise job with all your fabrication! Hat off and bow! I like it! :)

Yep. I think it's important to have the wheels centered as good as possible. Makes all the difference. And let me tell you, that was probably the hardest part of the job with the ever changing rack and mounting points. The front was the biggest problem. Because of the light set-up changed from time to time I ended up making three frontfenders... I believe one ended up on my Cartboardtracker (but I took it of because it didn't look right for what I was after) and the other I just cut up and used it for other brackets.

Yep... I'm proud to say the fitted fenders are very precise. I'm a bit scared for that first peble that'll end up between the front fender and my tire...

nosferatum15115 said:
my favorite. :)

Thanks man. Hard to believe though with so many great bikes that DO fit the term 'ratrod'... So I certainly appreciate that!

Yep... :)

kram said:
Wow, what a transformation. Everything you did turned this from a bike you'd never notice to one that you have to take a second look at. I also like how it's so much more aggressive looking. Your photography is like everyone else said, "Top Notch!"

Yep... The transformation. It REALLY turned into a bike you have difficulty to catagorise. It wasn't intended to but I'm proud of that. AND lucky. Just enough of the things I came up with seems to work pretty well! (remember I wanted to make a woodie out of this thing..?) People DO take notice when they see this bike at the traffic lights. They're really checking it out. Even the nicer lookin' girls... ;-) Oh, and at the city's guarded bicycle parking the surveillance-guy said I had to pay extra because this was an antique bike... I love guys with corney jokes...

Yep... Agressiveness is achieved by that downwards/forwards arrow-look.

Skipton said:
This bike is so cool. checking on your build everyday was cool thanks for such thorough build posts. your fabrication is top notch as is your photography skills. enjoy your bike, ride the wheels off! Thanks Skip

Yep... I like to show and tell :) And that in the best way possible. I like to see how others fabricate things and how they work out their ideas. It's just fun to turn on your computer and be amazed by what other builders have come up with that day. I had luck with the photography I shot LOTS of pics and just picked out the very best. I just made shure the bike was the important subject in the picture and that there was nothing behind the bike to obscure the details which I find very hard to photograph. Riding it has been the most rewarding part of this build.

Yep... Thank YOU for showing interest.

bean said:
I like ya bike 8) .

Yep... Same to you my friend.

deorman said:
A lot of neat details here, super documentation, I think a lot of eyes have been opened to new avenues. :D

Yep... Thanks, but it's my pleasure really. I like to show and tell because I too enjoy thorough documentation by all of the RRB' members. Didn't think of it really, but it would be awesome if I'd inspire just one other RRBuilder here... However, I did wonder why so few (or should I say no-one?) have used aluminum as their main 'fabrication' material...

I am really impressed with your metal-working ability, but beyond that, the vision to build all of the cool little details all over your bike. There were things I had never seen before on a bike, and I like it. You definitely have something quite unique there. And I like your graphic treatment as well. That diagram is great, we should all do those for our builds...

Hey! These posts are unlocked again... Time to thank some people :)

JoeyMac said:
I am really impressed with your metal-working ability, but beyond that, the vision to build all of the cool little details all over your bike. There were things I had never seen before on a bike, and I like it. You definitely have something quite unique there. And I like your graphic treatment as well. That diagram is great, we should all do those for our builds...

Thanks man. I find it strange though that I don't see much aluminum used on bicycles... It's such a light, easy, and versatile material to work with and getting great results very quick. The only 'problem' is, it doesn't rust... ;-)

Rustinkerer said:
Built like a billet clock! ~Adam
thanks Adam!

Lonewolf said:
True artist.
Thanks Lonewolf. I really appreciate that.

Latest posts

Back