bitten by the bike bug

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been riding bikes for on and off for decades, but lately have really gotten into tinkering with them. I especially like the looks of BMX cruiser/klunker type bikes, but anything that is older (or retro) is appealing.

It started with my Dad giving me his old Columbia mountain bike, which I cleaned up and got running again. Researching vintage MTB's on the web brought me to this site and others where I have seen many cool old bikes and builds! I've been gathering bikes and parts ever since and have several projects underway.

Here's the old bike that got me started into this... a 1984 Columbia Trailmaster all terrain cycle. Made in the USA, lugged frame, bullmoose handlbars, etc. 100% original except the saddle and tires.

dadsbike1.jpg

dadsbike2.jpg

tin machine said:
hey old skool welcome to ratrodbikes family great folks here and tons of good info ..... greatest show on earth !!! welcome :wink:

Thanks tin, it was great meeting you in person - thanks again for the rad Emory frame and fork! I'm thinking of building it into a racing style BMX cruiser... or maybe a hybrid geared klunker type MTB since we have hills to deal with here in Tallahassee!

Back