Blackthumb808

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0117f35dd1608348ac62b1b8edec1968.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but here we go. I lost my job working in the Cole minds in Wyoming. My best friend had a cruzer that I been waiting. It was his friends, so i waited until he talked to his friend. 3yrs later I got the bike for free. Now I never knew about rat bikes until last year. Started building and boom one day my friend came by my house with a trail full of bikes. I want to start a small shop. Need some info ....all is good. Thanks. Hope you didn't fall asleep reading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard.
Cool bike,but what is the yellow thing under the seat on the upper stays?

Good luck starting a shop.
I haven't owned a business for years,when I did it was a recording studio so I don't think I'll be much help.
But I imagine if you're wanting to open a vintage bike shop,you'll have to spend money first. You'll need items to sell,so swap meets are in your future - a lot of them.
Then of course you'll need a place to put bikes and parts,so a storage facility,garage,barn,store front. Something like that.
With vintage bikes there's a huge variety out there and everyone likes something else.
Some people only want schwinn stuff,others want jc Higgins,so on and so forth. I myself like anything cleveland welding and murray tank bikes. So all you can do really is stock up on anything bicycle related you can find,I'd say 1990 and earlier. Just get as much as you can,you can start small by selling at swap meets and flea markets. Or if you have the finances for a storefront you can go all in.
Just remember,the first year for any business is the hardest.

If you want to open a new bicycle shop,well that's a whole other can of worms.

I hope this helps,even a little.
There are others on here who own shops,I'm sure they'd have some better input.

Again good luck to you and welcome to the site.

Thanks for the info much appreciated. I have a good start on parts. I have several types of bike that i got for free from the dump in Wyoming. I'll post some. Thanks again. I'm just glad that people love bikes like I do.

Thanks for the welcome it means lots to me. Going through alot. I'm hoping I Don't loose some of my bikes. Lots of drama. Booooo. I love bikes and all the beautiful styles of the bikes and the builders. I'm happy to be apart of amazing bike builders. You rock!!!!

Latest posts

Back