Blue Grass Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my flea market score for yesterday. I bought it for my brother. He wanted the early '40's western flyer springer seat that the previous owner had installed. It was pretty wicked looking for sure. I stuck a old cruiser seat I had laying around on it and road it around the yard some. Was gonna canabilize this one for parts for my other bikes...but just cant decide. It is pretty nice as is and rides like a new one! Think springer fork...rear rack...wide whites...white springer seat? What is your opinions??

newbikes003.jpg

Those factory bobbed fender look very nice. And that car rim inspired chain ring is pretty clever.

I'd just throw on a pair of ape hangers, black grips, and a black seat with chrome springs and call it done.

Maybe paint over the "blue" on the chain guard with the word "red" in matching text just for a joke, since there isn't any blue on it....

Thanks bro! Was thinking it was too nice to chop up like my other projects LOL Think the black grips and seat would look better than say a white/red seat with the white grips? Already have a perfect set of apes waiting for me hehe. Have a old hawthorne rear rack Im going to mock up on her tomorrow see how it looks. thanks for the input!

id ride it! looks like it wouldnt need much to be worthy and i dig that honkin chainring and pencil thin chainguard look. betcha its a huffy (i can tell by the frame and chainguard). what year? if it is a huffy, the first number of the ser# is the last didget of the year, guessing its early 80's. i like it! :mrgreen:

roadmaster said:
id ride it! looks like it wouldnt need much to be worthy and i dig that honkin chainring and pencil thin chainguard look. betcha its a huffy (i can tell by the frame and chainguard). what year? if it is a huffy, the first number of the ser# is the last didget of the year, guessing its early 80's. i like it! :mrgreen:

Had a guy email me said it is late '70s...dont have a clue on the serial # havent looked for it. Got some nice ape hangers today at a local antique store ($4) and a new "old seat in red and white. The old girl rides great! Ill post some pics after some changes. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back