Blue Meanie,

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well here it is, my first fully fabricated bike, was a build where ive used the kids old bikes that were sitting for yrs, bits n pieces of steam pipe, steel plate, an old air compressor handle and lots of love n care, at times I went crazy trying to weld 1 mm to 2 mm to 2.5 mm to ,6 mm plate, I rekon I went really well, my welding was better towards the end compared to some welds when I was at the start,
All up an 8 week build, I only found this site a couple weeks ago hence the speedy build, I was close to completing when I first joined.
Heres a project shakedown vid. The 2nd link is the build thread

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/blue-meanie-bogan.116397/

Attachments

• PXL_20220901_025428128.jpg
    PXL_20220901_025428128.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20220901_025408843.jpg
    PXL_20220901_025408843.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220901_025333978.jpg
    PXL_20220901_025333978.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220901_025240190.jpg
    PXL_20220901_025240190.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The very first attachment in your post needs to be whichever photo you want to be used for voting purposes. Not a video. If you don't use the right format then it leaves it open to interpretation and whoever builds the voting booth will just grab whatever photo

Please attach it and use the full size image option for your photo so that it stands out as your primary photo

The very first attachment in your post needs to be whichever photo you want to be used for voting purposes. Not a video. If you don't use the right format then it leaves it open to interpretation and whoever builds the voting booth will just grab whatever photo

Please attach it and use the full size image option for your photo so that it stands out as your primary photo
The very first attachment is a photo, the video is a LINK, That has a thumbnail,

Tuff first build off bike mate, so tuff it would be banned down here in over regulated Melbourne. Well done.
ha ha at the moment if I rode this in melbourne i'd get pulled over straight away and fleeced as is if an outlaw biker, I see they having all sorts of drama down there!

Congratulations on your showing in the contest. I know you have plans for a motor but I don’t know what kind.
bro ATM its looking like a front hub electric! I only have a short commute to work, 5km, and its on night shift!, I do plan on using this machine, I sometimes come home at 2,3 4am so the 2 stroke option is out, there's a much heavier outlay in the finance dept, nipping at the heels of $1k for the set up im after, 48V, 1500w, Brushless, remembering this bike is really only capable of 35kph, the motor and battery set up is capable of 50km. so its a sure bet with the bike and myself weighing an astonishing 140kg any chance of 50kph top speed is off the cards, theres no giant hills between work and home so im picking 30-35 will be all I can get anyway!
I really am after opinions here ha ha ha ! so any suggestions will be taken on board, and yes I did like the twin two stroke option and at less than$400 was a good choice but as far as fit for purpose, way too much power!

I was just joking about the dual engine concept. But I might go for hybrid gas/electric/pedal.

I only live 200 yards from the grocery store, so there is a little hybrid frankentrike in my future.

I was just joking about the dual engine concept. But I might go for hybrid gas/electric/pedal.

I only live 200 yards from the grocery store, so there is a little hybrid frankentrike in my future.
but I really like the concept, A twin engined blue Meanie! I even pondered for a time on how the motors could run in unison, maybe even try to put 1 or 2 teeth between the timing of the motors to see if i could get an off set combustion between the two!, it may sound cool or terrible LOL

Latest posts

Back