Blues Bros.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was recently asked to convert a Cannondale MTB into a street worthy steed...it wound up looking like my own rides little brother.

Project bike 18" Cannondale (note awesome purple anodized Answer ATAC stem!)
September222008029.jpg

My bike 21" Schwinn Mesa
September222008031.jpg

September222008032.jpg

Both have 7 speed rapid fire, V brakes, XT cranks and deraileurs, IRC Metro tires (1.5 and 2.0)and riser bars. Not the lightest rides around but durable.

Mine also has hand built wheels front and rear. Deore DX 7speed/Sun Rhyno Lite rear and Deore LX/Sun CR-18 front and a Surly ChroMo disc ready fork.

It's fun to rebuild up old MTB's into Urban Stompers. That Surly fork is nice

Them's a couple of nice looking TallBikes! :lol:
Geez, are all you guys giants or sumthin'?
So how's you been? It's great to see you're back again!
Chainy

Chainy,

We have been very busy. We are now 2 days away form our 1 day, 100 mile charity ride, The Greater Captial District (NY) Ride for Missing and Exploited Children. We raise money to produce posters of missing persons. I have been riding in the original version of this event elsewhere in our state for 8 years, but I am on the executive committee of this one.

I have been going to 2 or 3 meetings a week the last 2 months, organizing training rides every weekend...and I am just about burned out. I have ridden about 1500 miles this year so far, more than any other year I am sure.

How are you doing these days?

Nice! I built a similar "urban assault bike" with a '95 Killer V. Slicks were the first thing to be installed, along with V-brakes, On*One Mary handlebars, clipless pedals, and converting the drivetrain to 1x7. (please excuse the crummy picture, its all I've got at the moment)

KillerV6.jpg

Latest posts

Back