bmx 1 pc crank on a beach cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if this is possible I have a really cool sproket design on the crank and my beach cruiser has a really boring star design
My uestion is before I take it apart will the fit or will I need a converskon kit they look almost the same size in dementions but I'm just eyeing it any on has done this to a beach cruiser any advise pls thank u guys

If it's coming off a 1 piece crank and going on another 1 piece crank you will be fine. If it's coming off a 2 or 3 piece crank going on a 1 piece crank you will likely need a special collar.

CCR said:
If it's coming off a 1 piece crank and going on another 1 piece crank you will be fine. If it's coming off a 2 or 3 piece crank going on a 1 piece crank you will likely need a special collar.

Nuh-uh. Most bmx sprockets have a 19mm, 20mm or 22mm hole; the OPC sprockets have a 23.75mm (aka 15/16") hole. So, you'll need a collar or sleeve to run a OPC sprocket on a 3piece, but to run a 3piece sprocket on a OPC, you'd need to widen that hole to 15/16".

I agree that OPC sprockets are interchangeable between bmx and cruisers, etc.

Also, if you wanna run a 3piece chainring---the type that bolt onto a spider-- you'll just need a power disc or a spider for a OPC, like this:
1325821732270-530101307.jpeg

or this:
1285273458081152665855.jpeg

hth
-rob

Latest posts

Back