BnB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This my third entry in the skinny class. I've had this 24" frame for a couple years. Along with Ruby, one of the other builds I've got going here, it was new but scrapped some years ago, and I got it from the junkshop. The original blue wasn't too bad so it didn't need base coat when I did a splatter paint job on it. Blue gray and black splatters hide the blemishes in the original blue. I had put 20" wheels on it and made a BMX type bike called Bulldog but it never got ridden and wound up donating parts to other bikes.
My wife's purple bike didn't live up to her expectations with the coaster hub (cheap noisy Chinese) so that frame will get hung up for display while I strip the wheels and parts for this build, BnB (Black and Blue).
04 Dec 22 bnb1.jpg

I'm using what parts I have, so it will be a little single speed bike to hop on at a moment's notice and go for a ride. 24 x 1 3/8ths tires.
04 Dec bnb4.jpg

I had the shop in full swing today, I was in there 4 hours tinkering with different things. Even with the fan it was hot, I was soaked in sweat.

04 Dec bnb3.jpg

Here's the earlier build of the bike, Bulldog:

ride 25 mar 21 a - Copy.JPG

As I went through all the containers of parts, I upgraded my plans. I have a blue hub and 7 speed cluster, along with a vintage Suntour derailleur. So the crappy coaster hub is out of the picture. The hubs are nearly the same size, so lacing won't be a problem or cost anything, just the few dollars for truing at the shop. 4x pattern.
05 Dec parts.jpg

Last edited:
I tried the lighter fork, but the cheap threads weren't cut right. So the older but stronger fork will go on after it gets painted black. I cleaned up the frame and gave it another couple coats of clear to freshen it up.

06 Dec 22 patio paint.jpg

I think it's a 1989 bike, as the other frames with it were late 80's.
06 Dec 22 serial.jpg
06 Dec clearcoat.jpg

Latest posts

Back