BnB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Black and Blue has been ready for over 3 weeks but I only got in a ride today. It exceeded my expectations. It fits me perfectly even though it's got 24 x 1 3/8ths wheels. No squeaks or rubbing and it shifted fine. At 26lbs I was able to pedal up the incline back to the house. It's just the right size for the bike rack.
It's an 1989 24" ten speed frame from the junk shop with everything else scavenged from my parts pile. I added splatters of different shades of blue to the original blue paint. Here's the build thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/bnb.117089/

06 Jan 23 2.jpg

06 Jan 23 3.jpg

06 Jan 23 5.jpg

06 Jan 23 1.jpg

Cool mix of parts. I dig the paint job

Now redone again. It had 20" wheels on it. (Bulldog) It's BnB again. (Black and Blue)

I tried 26" wheels on this 24" frame before, but had 1.75 tires and they didn't fit. Now I tried my extra 26 x 1.38 tires and they fit!

I had to use a band brake because a rear caliper wouldn't fit, but I used a 90mm brake which gives good stopping power. The front brake has just enough spacing to use, even though it's a 24" fork.

I nabbed the best set of 26" rims off one of my other bikes and added a 52 tooth chainwheel. With a 20 tooth freewheel cog gives a good cruising ratio. The chainwheel looks even larger on that small frame. It's 18" about the same height as a cruiser frame.

This might be the bike that goes on the car rack because of it's light weight. The test ride this morning was good.

This is one of the scrap frames I picked up a few years ago, but this one has the original blue paint, I just added the splatters and clear coat.

10 Apr 24 b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back