BOGO Rat Traps

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I picked up these two beauties off of CL this week. Not a steal but two cool bikes for less than one bike at Walmart.
First is a Sears Spaceliner with flipped bars, raked out springer and a green spray bomb paint job. The chrome looks like it might be fairly intact under the paint.
005.JPG

The second is a Flightliner type bike, I think it is a Western Flyer version. It looks to have a tandem bike wheelset with some heavy duty spokes. I think the bars might have come from an exercise bike, who knows.
010.JPG

Got both bikes rolling today, but the green on the Spaceliner has got to go. I will probably put the springer back to stock also, the handling is pretty sketchy for my taste.

Last edited:
Not all of the Spaceliners were chrome. Some were painted red, some were painted green. IMO, the chrome wasn't done very well. I see lots with the chrome shot. (oh yeah, a couple in my shed)

Looks like someone put the fork back together with some parts reversed to extend the wheel base.

Not all of the Spaceliners were chrome. Some were painted red, some were painted green. IMO, the chrome wasn't done very well. I see lots with the chrome shot. (oh yeah, a couple in my shed)

Looks like someone put the fork back together with some parts reversed to extend the wheel base.
I have no problem painting one if the chrome is bad. Hopefully mine is ok. I will definitely put the springer back to OEM.

After seeing many of the Spaceliners in previous rat rod biker build offs, I would not say chrome is the only way to go. There are some pretty cool looking rodded Spaceliners in there. Restoring to stock just isn't worth it on these unless they are near pristine to start with.

My guess is the bike will ride better with the fork correct. The flipped parts do give it a longer, lower, board racer look but I'd guess the spring will get overloaded and it won't ride well due to the sagging and altered rake & trail.

I don't know where you are, but both those bikes for less than a Walmart bike..... that Is a Steal. Two of my favorite frames....

Seems reversing the lower springer lugs use to be a fairly popular thing. Really gives the bike a streched out look. I found a flightliner last year that is still hanging in my shop waiting to be done.

Latest posts

Back