Bones Bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really looks good! I was just messing around in Photoshop with a scheme for my 3G. It is matte black but i am thinking about going with a gloss black sticker bomb wrap to contrast the matte. Still trying to decide on the doing the same with the wheels or going with white/black wheels like yours. Thanks for posting your pics and build!

Hey, its EXPERIMENTAL anyway. The more I thought about it, why follow the crowd?
Spookily enough the day before I saw this thread I was looking at putting a Mike McGill sticker on my Dyno!

Even though I was more of a Santa Cruz guy, I still skated with a lot of Powell heads back in the day. I won't hold it against you. Heck, I've got a Vallely elephant re-issue waiting for a build.

Seriously, great build. Lots of thoughtful details separate this from the norm.

I laced the rim to a Sturmey Archer 2-speed kickback hub - my go-to hub at the moment. there is nothing more theraputic than lacing a wheel. Seriously.
10918967_10153200815194728_4397359785735346351_o.jpg

All wrapped up and a Felt Berm Master 24x4 wheel mounted, and so far, so good! It's a wild pattern, but I think the rims are small enough that it won't be too obnoxious... Maybe just the right amount of obnoxious. ;)

Being an avid mountain biker I absolutely love this build, great job. I could see thrashing it around on the local trail systems.:rockout:
Question about the Sturmey Archer hub you are using, I’m going to do the same thing with my felt and the hub width dimension is narrower than the dropout. What did you do for spacers?

Last edited:
AWESOME BUILD! this looks like it could be a factory new bike! as an ol skool 80's skater,...im digging the theme (I always rode powell peralta boards) I just bought the same forks for my cruiser build, waiting for May 1st build to start build, hope the front end rides as good as it looks. how do you like it??

Last edited:
Absolutely love the build and theme.
Thanks for the nostalgia... made me go searching the net for the first Bones Brigade video to watch with my son. He simply didn't get it compared to the skate videos he normally watches. I know I still have a Lance Mountain Variflex in the garage somewhere.

AWESOME BUILD! this looks like it could be a factory new bike! as an ol skool 80's skater,...im digging the theme (I always rode powell peralta boards) I just bought the same forks for my cruiser build, waiting for May 1st build to start build, hope the front end rides as good as it looks. how do you like it??

This is a great riding bike. With the MTB-ish seat height and front end, I can ride this thing all day, no problem. I just need to make sure I have a big lock if I park anywhere.

This is a great riding bike. With the MTB-ish seat height and front end, I can ride this thing all day, no problem. I just need to make sure I have a big lock if I park anywhere.
I know what you mean!! :) I bought a sweat gps tracker that takes a sim card (I pay $10 a month for sim card) I will hide the tracker in my headlight assy. its about the size of a stick of gum folded in half. charge lasts 7 days. if bike moves, it will text you and all you have to do is call the # to the tracker and it will send you long/lat and link to google maps. its pretty cool. less that $40 on fleabay. might be worth looking into? that and a big lock..haha :113:

Latest posts

Back