BOSS Sting-Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in!
My inspiration is coming from Ford Muscle cars and traditional old school stuff I like.

I started cutting up the frames last night.

I enlarged this to full size.

Somewhere in here is a cool Muscle Bike!

Re: [Muscle Bike Build-off] the BOSS

It isn't going to be those 3 different colors. That was just a thing I did to figure out what parts would go where. I'm thinking red, maybe Boss 302 yellow, w/ a seude finish.

Not sure what chainguard yet, maybe Schwinn style, Maybe something different.

Subscribed!

HuffDaddy said:
It isn't going to be those 3 different colors. That was just a thing I did to figure out what parts would go where. I'm thinking red, maybe Boss 302 yellow, w/ a seude finish.
Yes, I know those were the frame parts. :lol:

Red would be cool. If you fender up the front wheel, and paint both fenders red, you could do a racing stripe like shown in some pics. Think in the middle and pencil thin on either end. That would be a bear to pull off on the frame, but would look .... cool. Maybe if you 'tank' that center frame area? I did that with this bike I'm working on for my son (along with 2 muscle bike builds. :lol: ) viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66708

CRASH said:
HuffDaddy said:
Yes, I know those were the frame parts. :lol:

Red would be cool. If you fender up the front wheel, and paint both fenders red, you could do a racing stripe like shown in some pics. Think in the middle and pencil thin on either end. That would be a bear to pull off on the frame, but would look dang cool. Maybe if you 'tank' that center frame area? I did that with this bike I'm working on for my son (along with 2 muscle bike builds. :lol: ) viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66708

That's a good idea! I was thinking about some kinda tank panel for graphic, we'll have to wait and see. I think creating this frame might kick me butt. I love that bike you attached a link to, very cool!

Thanks.

Been mucking around with paint and seat etc. colors for my bike using windows paint, could not resist doing this after seeing the last couple of posts! You will have to forgive my dated editing program and skills... :lol:

10057536324_c5eebceb5d.jpg

Whatever you do, what you are building will be a cool bike!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Been mucking around with paint and seat etc. colors for my bike using windows paint, could not resist doing this after seeing the last couple of posts! You will have to forgive my dated editing program and skills... :lol:

10057536324_c5eebceb5d.jpg

Whatever you do, what you are building will be a cool bike!

Luke.

No problem, I like it. I'll have to see how fast the frame comes together.

Thanks.

Re: the BOSS

That bike’s stance and lowered profile is a killer! If you can ‘shoehorn’ a 2.5 to 3” (non-nobby) rear tire on that thing coupled with a tank/plate and well done paint w/accents you WILL seal-the-deal!

The best of luck to you, HuffDaddy!

ZygoteLittle said:
That bike’s stance and lowered profile is a killer! If you can ‘shoehorn’ a 2.5 to 3” (non-nobby) rear tire on that thing coupled with a tank/plate and well done paint w/accents you WILL seal-the-deal!

Thanks.

I am looking at 3" rear tires. I have a wide white wall 3" tire but I think the black wall will look cooler with a black rim and a red pin-stripe line on the the wheels.
The tank idea is still up in the air, I'll have to see how the frame goes.

HuffDaddy said:
ZygoteLittle said:

Thanks.

I am looking at 3" rear tires. I have a wide white wall 3" tire but I think the black wall will look cooler with a black rim and a red pin-stripe line on the the wheels.
I agree, black walls will add a much more ‘muscular’ look to the bike then white walls would. The concept for your bike is tight – once again HD, good luck!

HuffDaddy said:
...a red pin-stripe line on the wheels.
Inspired! 8) +

WOW! I wanna see this work out. Too cool for school

Latest posts

Back