bought Cycle Craft bmx on way to buy Cleveland welding bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I went on a road trip today to buy a Pre war Cleveland welding bike I know another girls bike but I bought it for the great parts on the bike, The tires are mismatched but both almost look like nos tires !! On my way I came across this Cycle Craft bmx bike frame & fork with a DK Neck.. I was told it was a Team sponser bike from the mid 1980s .The frame has a CP- xx 2 digit S/N There is a designer sticker on the frame .. I cant make out the name though.. I try to put a pic up when I get a chance .. Any info on the Bmx bike would be appriciated .. :D

DSC06246.jpg

DSC06255.jpg

DSC06279.jpg

DSC06280.jpg

Re: Found a 1980s DK bmx on way to but a Cleveland welding bike

DK is just the stem brand, your frame looks like an 80's cyclecraft. Good score :wink:

Re: Found a 1980s DK bmx on way to but a Cleveland welding bike

I auctially knew It was a Cycle craft frame.. I just didnt post it correctly ..Thank you for correcting me its been a very long day ... :D
tuga said:
DK is just the stem brand, your frame looks like an 80's cyclecraft. Good score :wink:

Tom, Although there is no way to date a Cycle Craft by the serial numbers it looks to be a mid 80s Pro. The P in the serial # means that ist a Pro lenght frame and not an expert or XL. If it was an late 83 to say mid 84 it would have no serial # so best guess on yours would be 85-89 and assuming the early square corner DK has been with the frame for a while I would say closer to 85. Nice little pick-up there :D

I don't know crap about BMX bikes - way after my time - but that is a fantastic "parts bike" you picked up. I've bought a few CWC girls bikes for parts mainly because I collect and build CWC bikes but was never fortunate enough to come across one with those quality parts on it. It has to be a very early model with the braced drop stand and the fireball chain guard - let me know if you want to sell the chain guard! Great Score! Robert

tanksalot said:
I have to ask did what brand bikes did this stem come on ?
eparsons said:
You can put it on my monark :lol:

Are you talking about the dk stem or the "Torrington" stem? The torrington stem I've seen on lots of Prewar bikes. I've had origial Elgins with them for sure. I think they were a supplier for any bike Mfg. company that wanted them.

Latest posts

Back