Box of "junk"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool stuff. I think Wright's was bought out by Brook's back in the day. I had one but without any springs under it. Very comfortable seat.

Considering the other automotive stuff you found,I think your lead bar may have been used in body repair back in the day. Before polyester bodyfillers were invented,body repair men used lead. Then later as guys started to heavily customize their cars (frenching,louvering,channeling,ect.) they used alot of lead in their creations hence the hot rodding term "lead sled"...Salina,KS. anyone? Pappy 8)

Pappy said:
Considering the other automotive stuff you found,I think your lead bar may have been used in body repair back in the day. Before polyester bodyfillers were invented,body repair men used lead. Then later as guys started to heavily customize their cars (frenching,louvering,channeling,ect.) they used alot of lead in their creations hence the hot rodding term "lead sled"...Salina,KS. anyone? Pappy 8)

That's what I was thinking it could be. Just never come across one of these before.

Pappy said:
Your right about the lead, lead body work is getting to be a lost art.

dragnusa said:
Pappy said:
Well the reason behind that is that on a hot day the lead can start to sag and ruin the paintwork. With the new body fillers it's less time consuming, easier, and more environmentally friendly.

outskirtscustoms said:
dragnusa said:
Pappy said:
Well the reason behind that is that on a hot day the lead can start to sag and ruin the paintwork. With the new body fillers it's less time consuming, easier, and more environmentally friendly.
And dont take near the skill level either Ive watched an old timer lead up a bucket T and I tell you what it was almost an art form.

Latest posts

Back