Braunschweiger is an underrated meat product!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well, until recently I had never tried braunschweiger. Almost impossible, considering I live in Wisconsin. I must have been put off by the whole "liver sausage" thing. I've gotta say, pan fried braunschweiger on a hard roll with coarse ground mustard and raw onion is amazing. Goes well with Spaten Optimator, not surprisingly.

Braunschweiger always brings back good memories of eating lunch at my german-born Grandfather's house. He would always get out the cutting board and set it on the kitchen table with braunschweiger, bread, cheese & condiments. Those were some great sandwiches!

:shock: braunschweig is like 100miles south of where i live and i have already been there a few times but i have never heard of these "braunschweiger" :|

what is it? sausages? :roll: :?:

It is a variety of liverwurst. But due to the spices or whatever else they put in (not sure I want to know) it's much tastier. :D

I've always liked that stuff, good with mayo on rye bread.

All of these are viable options. Braunschweiger is relatively cheap, too. Around $2.50 for more that one single person can finish before they're tired of it for a while.

mmm ....Braunschweig sausage. I can almost smell the 2-stroke... :lol:

I like mine on white bread with mayo and dill pickles and Fritos in it for some crunch!

A grilled cheese with fried baloney is some good eatin' too.

MOM taught me how to fix that in a single frying pan on a wood burning stove.

Poor Man's Foie Gras!!!!! Just bought some "liver cheese" yesterday...... yum!!!!

Latest posts

Back