Brazen 🔥 (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little banana.
20230529_134615.jpg

Regular Banana

20230529_135149.jpg

Seems I'm all out of the larger bananas. Will figure it out.

Wow, those wheels really pop! I'd say that was time well spent. :cool2:
I totally agree, good time well spent. Gives me a lot of ideas for future builds. 😎

Wheel / tire combo is off the charts cool!
Thank You Jude. I appreciate it.

The stripes on the tires is also reflective.
20230529_201451.jpg

20230529_201456.jpg

Whew! I had a lot of catching up to do after being AWOL all weekend!

Wheels are as they say 'off the charts' o_O !! And the bare frame really helps set them off. Do you have a finish coat on the frame yet, MC? I can't remember. I haven't seen a short 'naner that ever looked good on a build; except yours looks pretty good. The overall look of your build doesn't scream 'Big Boy Muscle', it has a different vibe; almost a vintage lowrider, with out the 'low' stance.

I'm thinking everything you do from now on will have to center around those one of a kind wheels. Which is fine, you just want to incorporate that thought into every step. *I'm not telling you anything you don't already know*
:grin:

Micro - drive for the drive train. Interesting. That might be a first on the Forum that I can remember.

You are setting new standards all over the place! :113:

Whew! I had a lot of catching up to do after being AWOL all weekend!

Wheels are as they say 'off the charts' o_O !! And the bare frame really helps set them off. Do you have a finish coat on the frame yet, MC? I can't remember. I haven't seen a short 'naner that ever looked good on a build; except yours looks pretty good. The overall look of your build doesn't scream 'Big Boy Muscle', it has a different vibe; almost a vintage lowrider, with out the 'low' stance.

I'm thinking everything you do from now on will have to center around those one of a kind wheels. Which is fine, you just want to incorporate that thought into every step. *I'm not telling you anything you don't already know*
:grin:
Thanks OJ. I'm not sure if it will have apes yet or not. I might do something different with the naner, like some MX bars. If I do apes, I have two favorites to pick from. Which will of course dictate which sissy goes on it.

I brought up the little banana because it is such a comfortable seat. It would be recovered with leather so it matches, of course

The frame came with a clear gloss finish on it. The most I will do is a little sanding to put some dart outlines where the Shelby darts would be. Maybe a gilded headbadge.

Micro - drive for the drive train. Interesting. That might be a first on the Forum that I can remember.

You are setting new standards all over the place! :113:
The smalls, look even smaller on a 26"frame. That 26t that's in the pic would never work with the rear hub without a 12 or smaller on the back.

I was hoping.to get that 14tooth rear sprocket to work. Then I could do 30 tooth up front. The 16tooth on it can accommodate a 32 up front.
20230529_170627.jpg

Found a 36 that will fit until I decide if I'm going to pick up a conversion to put a 3 piece BB for the red Deckas 32
20230530_070234.jpg

Do you know - did they originally use the brass as a sort of filler to make the welds look nice and smooth?
Brass was used to braze the frame together, it's a process similar to soldering, except that it is done at a higher temperature and the results are stronger. Liquid metal is flowed into the joint to form the bond.

The dog seems to disapprove as well...:giggle:
He can be funny at times.

When I walked out this morning, the apes did grow on me a bit. I don't not like them now.
20230531_054633.jpg

Then as I walked past that blue bike, I saw this combo that speaks to me. I can shamlessly steal the seat off it for the Shelby. I think the cruiser bars match in with it well.
20230531_071402.jpg

Last edited:
Well the seat and bars certainly fit in with the frame, but I am not sure whether they do with the wheels and tires. But that might be just me.

Latest posts

Back