Brett Farve retires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheeseheads!! :lol: :lol:haha .....wait what are we talking about?

I thought he retired just before that final playoff game against the Giants :?: :lol:

best QB in history, truly the iron man in nfl. he will be remembered as the toughest QB of the game. and i think he is 39.
20080304113109990026.jpg

Had the opportunity to see Farve play at Lambeau in 93, the day after Christmas. They were playing the Raiders(my fav). Temp was right at zero. Had to chip the ice off of the seats, it was so cold the beer would turn to slush in about 15 mins.My poor Raiders lost twenty something to zero. That is one experience I'll never forget. Glad Brett retired before he got hurt or his abilites diminished any further. 8)

Thats to bad! He was part of the best Superbowl ever- When Denver beat the Pack! :lol: :lol:
John Elway was the man! 8) 8) 8)
L8 EM

Don't get me wrong, he will be missed. He is what all pro athletes should be like. Classy and gracious. But the local (Milwaukee) media was absolutely hysterical. According to them, nothing else happened yesterday. I'm surprised that the talking heads weren't wearing black armbands. HA!

Unfortunately, this is the only thing I have heard talked about for the last 48 hours. I think his farewell press conference was carried in its entirety by ever radio station in the state. Spanish language stations included.

I would place this as a close second to the JFK assassination in terms of media coverage and emotional response. Several co-workers were arguing with me over whether or not he was really retiring. I swear one guy went home early.

Me: Say, I hear Favre is throwing in the towel.
Them: No he isn't.
Me: Umm... They just announced it on the news. Several times, in fact.
Them: No the didn't. You're wrong. Sniffle.

As my girlfriend put it, "Did you hear Brett Favre just died?" She is a funny one.

Latest posts

Back