BRING IT! to the MBBO#3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:bigboss: (read this in your best Bogart Chicago gangster voice...)

So far only 11 people have stepped up in the poll. We may even have two categories... All good for me. Last year the MBBO#2 was the first build off I've ever been involved in, and in a single year I've learned. Yes, I've learned. Last year I cut and weld my frame and I hadn't touched a welder in over two decades... It wasn't enough, didn't have the lines, met the requirements but didn't have the look. To be honest there were a couple traditional style Muscle Bikes that were fantastic and either one deserved to win. But this year, this year we might have an super modified class. I can smell burning metal. Oh, the deconstruction of harmless frames to get to the nuggets containing the look, the stance, and the lines. It will be glorious! Back up kid, I'm building a bike, a Muscle Bike for sure. But no Stingray or Chopper, no Spyder or Eliminator, nothing a traditionalist will accept... you know that a banana seat don't make it a Muscle Bike. Ape hangers and little front wheels don't either. But those are the rules, ALL THE RULES! It's crazy! I may even build two bikes! Just cuz I can! So, you who have opposable thumbs! Pick up a wrench and BRING IT, wave it high in the air and roar; "I BUILT THIS MYSELF!" yeah...

Carl.

Last edited:
Just havin' some fun...
And don't call me Shirley... I mean Nelly. :21:

Carl.

Last edited:
I knew a REAL welder would show up... but I'm still gonna BRING IT!
Oh! I take that as a insight into there being two classes.... YEAH!

Carl. :dance2::dance2:

Last edited:
Wish this thing was starting sooner... just took my daughter to college and left her there...freshman move in day at ISU for her... no one to play chess with here for me...Happy for her, she's a good kid, shouldn't worry but I do a bit...

A Dad.

Can I play? I haven't worked on the bike yet. Just made the rim.
IMG_0467.jpg

J/K
Chances are I won't get around to finishing for some time since customers stuff is more important than my stuff.

Wish this thing was starting sooner... just took my daughter to college and left her there...freshman move in day at ISU for her... no one to play chess with here for me...Happy for her, she's a good kid, shouldn't worry but I do a bit...

A Dad.
You are a good man and a good father Carl!

Can I play? I haven't worked on the bike yet. Just made the rim.
IMG_0467.jpg

J/K
Chances are I won't get around to finishing for some time since customers stuff is more important than my stuff.
Pretty sure everyone would be ok with that. Nice rim by the way!

Luke.

Still working to find that right cantilever frame to start with, have a line on a local one thats powder coated candy apple green, have to wait till he's back in town. Thinking some green yellow n white true fire airbrushed lapped up the lower bar and seat post bar.

Wheelie bars, with bearinged rollers, dye in a striped green and black velour seat, will be a good start....

Hub wise, looking for that right 3 speed internal, for the right price to come up locally. Gots some time. Starts tomorrow!! Wohoo!

A few more hours to go. Here's something to pass the time:

Whoops, just noticed some language on there it had to be deleted.

Last edited:
Wow! Those drag videos are cool! I spotted a name in there for the bike I build later on with the Hoosier tire "Hustlin Hoosier" I like it!

Not using that tire for this build-off though any more, got a new plan...

Luke.

Latest posts

Back