Broken frame on the Xtra

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Only a rat in spirit.
0624080730.jpg

The tongue on the frame of my Xtracycle has cracked at the welds. I am hoping they warranty it. It would probably be easy to fix but I will give them a chance.
CIMG0701.jpg

maybe I will have to get out Woodie in the mean time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
WOODIE2.jpg

Sensor- Pretty simple but effective. It wobbles a little sideways but no biggie.

Gold- Woody was built with a reciprocating saw, jig saw, router and grinder with a sanding wheel. Pretty simple tools. Fun build. Sadly all that exist is the carcass as the wheels and handle bars are gone. Someday I will get it back running.

I finally got my new Xtracycle frame. Since my Kona Humu morphed into a speedy bike w/ Nexus 7spd, I bought a old Trek 850 frame and forks. Newer XT brakes and a few other goodies.

0909081955a.jpg

0909081954b.jpg

0909081955.jpg

Yes they warrantied the product only after some haggling. I didn't buy it from them. They wanted me to send it back to the online dealer where I purchased it. I got my way

Gold Street Customs said:
I really dont have access to much wood tools or time but looking at your bike reminded me of a flying V guitar and it looks quite possible for a build.....MARKM :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: hahahaha....somehow I missed this...

I think they have a design flaw on the tongue. The edges should be mitered/cut so they fit better up against the tubing. Welding adds metal but still doesnt make up for poor design.

Thanks for compliments on the bike. The new setup feels different but I have ridden it twice to work and used the hauling abilities both times. Once a bike and once some yard sale finds.

Latest posts

Back