Bucking-circus bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
evenning. brand new. first timer, all that. got a triumph this morning, spent all day cleaning and painting. I hope to have it rideable again tomm.

Apparently at one time it was a circus bike. The rims have been laced unevenly on purpose so that it rides all sorts of crazy. I haven`t been able to find much information on clown bikes, or bucking bikes i think is another name for it. I do know this, it is all sorts of fun and drew a bit of a crowd from the neighborhood. It sort of rides liek a low rider throwing switches. Once i get it put together ill throw some pictures of it. with any luck somebody here may know something more about bucking bikes in general or Triumph bicycles in particular. Would be real gratefull if anyone knows something about these things.

Thanks for your time, look forward to meeting you all.

Nick
Appleton,WI

hello fellow noob!!! cant wait to see pictures of this so called bucking bike!!

Welcome.
Here's what I call my "Bronco Bike". I cheated on the wheels though.
Click here for a video while on it
Here for a video of me riding it
P0005709.jpg

just when you think you see it all you see something like this. I love it and I will be building one soon. Welcome.

howdy neighbors. i sort of rushed the cleanup, i had to ride it!. i think i put something like 8 miles on it yesterday.(seeing how long i can stand it,Ha!)

heres a couple fast preliminary photos.. ill try and get decent video this afternoon yet.

PICT0337.jpg

PICT0334.jpg

PICT0331.jpg

THE sprocket?? whats that about? the thing with the stars?

I`ve had it for 2 days now, found a guy that recognised it from when he was a kid. He said he was talking to another kid way back then about it. Turns out that this `other` kids grandfather made the wheels(he was the clown for whatever circus he was in). Apparently its kind of dificult to do this, you need to line up all the spokes on some sort of a jig and cut them at a angle to get teh whole descending in size thing. got some video but its horrible. ill try again later in the week.

Latest posts

Back