Buddy Damian's Western Flyer "Sixty One"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last winter I saw this floating around for like a month on the local Craigslist. Finally told a buddy, ok, you like my old bikes, this thing is a steal for $50, I'll even go pick it up for you.

I regretted not snagging it for myself, but, hey, everybody deserves some good bike fortune, especuially one of my best pals.

Took some photos of this low mileage "sixty one" flyer with speedo/dodometer, Wald rack and is in unbelievable shape. I keep telling him the gumwalls have to go! It has these great gold valve stem caps!

June014.jpg

June015.jpg

June017.jpg

June019.jpg

Check out the three speed hub with coaster!

June020.jpg

June019.jpg

Nice bike. I bet this is a Raliegh built bike with the lugged frame and Peaked fenders, cottered cranks, and fender clips.

Fun to leave as is. This would be a great bike for riding to Church on Sundays.

Almost forgot- The stem is Raliegh

Shifter?/

I have a top bar mount shifter for this - the Wood knob one that looks like it came out of a 60's Muscle car. It is the same one as in the pic but for Twin Top tubes.

playbike1.jpg

Nice bike on top, yes honey that is the coolest bike, If i remember right u restored that? Nice job.

Back